Corrupt help file

hi there
after updating diropus to 10.5.20 the images ( *.png)in my help file are missing.
for being relativly new with this program this is quit irritating and not ferry ( :question: ) helpfull for me.
I did uninstal en reinstal the program but this did not change anything.
I found no match in this forum, therefore my question to you all.
Any suggestions?

Help file does not display correctly in the FAQs has some suggestions on repairing the Windows components that display the help file.

If you still have problems after trying those, are you able to display pages with PNG images within Internet Explorer?

hi leo
I tried all the suggestions you gave but none of them worked for me.
as far for your question wether i can see png within IE;
yes if i use google to find me some png images: they are displayed normally
no if you ask if i can open the chm file in IE: it does not display anything.

If the latter is your point my solution could be found within Microsoft I presume?
martin

It could be that .png files have somehow become unregistered, in a similar way to the .htm files being unregistered as described in the FAQ.

If you run RegEdit.exe:

[ul][li]Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes.png[/li]
[li]Ensure there is a Content Type value with Type = REG_SZ (String), and Data = image/png[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes.png[/li]
[li]If there is no .png key at that path, or there is one but it has no Content Type value, you are done and can stop.[/li]
[li]Otherwise, ensure it is set to image/png as with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE one.[/li][/ul]

hi Jon
tried both suggestions but it didn't work.
I did find, however a sub entry in the current_user path saying
.png
openwith progids.

could this be of influence on my problem?
by the way just found out it is not only the diropus help file that has this problem. None of my chm files display any image.

Maybe this thread I found about another product will be relevant.

I guess IE's security settings may also be a factor, e.g. if IE has been configured not to display images from local content. (Just a guess, though; I am not sure it would matter.)

If not, I'm not sure, I'm afraid. The help viewer is part of Windows and should 'just work' but, as you can tell from the various issues, it does seem sensitive to registry issues and thus may be damaged by things improperly modifying/cleaning the registry, as well as settings which may be shared with IE.

:cry: nope, nothing of it seems to work for me.
I m still trying with IE settings, but I'm not very hopefull.

hi there
Problem solved. Leo's suggestion on IE directed me to the way IE handeles these help files.
I've been looking in to that and found out that within me IE settings the path to the temporary internet file was not listed.
the reason for this is that i replaced this file some months ago, but obvisiously missed this connection.
So after connecting IE with the temp file everything functions normal again.

txs for helping.