Crash at Install v9.1.1.3

Hi all,

When I run the 32 bit version of "DOpusInstall.exe" v9.1.1.3 as downloaded from the GPsoft web site, it consistently and immediately crashes with the result of the attached image. I had the same problem with an earlier version of release 9 some time ago and found the answer here in the forum but can no longer locate the post and of course can't remember what I did :angry:

This is a clean install on XP SP3 running on an older P4. Also I get the same results when I attempt an install on some other PCs.

Regards,
Jon

Try re-downloading the installer. The file may simply be truncated.

(If you want to check before re-downloading, right-click the installer and choose Properties. Then Digital Signatures. Then select the signature and click Details to verify the file. It should say The digital signature is OK. If it doesn't then you just need to re-download it.)

leo,

Actually I did download several copies 9.1.1.3 all with file length of 16,830,280 bytes and got the same crash on install. I seem to recall that truncated download may have been the problem I had with the earlier v9 installer of some time ago :question: It's starting look like that's not the case this time.

Digital Signature seems to look OK (see attached).

Thanks and regards,
Jon

Is this the first time you've tried installing Opus on the machine? If not did past versions work okay?

(If a previous version is installed now, try uninstalling it. I assume not since you mentioned it's a clean install.)

Are any of your hard drives full to the brim?

Can you remember anything about the previous post with the solution in it? I couldn't find anything useful either but if you can remember any details then maybe I'll remember the thread and be able to find it.

Previous versions have been installed on this machine although I think the previous install was v8 and not v9. This is a wiped clean system. Brand new full format with clean integrated XP SP3 install.

Drive is virtually empty (clean install).

The best I can remember about the fix for the previous problem was a truncated download. At that time I re-downloaded several times and got a clean installer and all was OK. That's the best of my memory.

Whatever is crashing it's happening right away because the "We are sorry..." box comes up right out of the gate.

JS

Think I found the problem. I'm using "Tiny Personal Firewall" and it seems to interfere with the DOpus install program even when all the firewall's protection is disabled, etc. When "Tiny" is uninstalled, the DOpus installer starts as expected.

The version of Tiny that I use is now obsolete as the company had been bought up by one of the bigshots and the Tiny product has now been pulled off the market. Tiny provides controllablity way beyond anything else available and that's why I stick with it. This is the only known time I've had this kind of problem where Tiny and an installation app have interfered in some manner. Looks like I'll have to change installation order for these two apps.

Jon

Jon,

Opus uses InstallShield as the installer so it is InstallShield that is being prevented from working with your ancient firewall. I would be concerned at this. InstallShield (despite being a PITB for developers) is one of the3 industry standards and if your firewall has problems with this then it's time to throw it away and get with something written this century. Maybe there's a good reason why the company who wrote it no longer exists:)