Crash in 8.1.0.4U

I had a dual horiztontal session, and it crashed when I clicked on a folder. This is the second window that popped up. I wasn't thinking and clicked away the first one.

screen shot

I'm not doing anything complicated right now. The folder I tried to click on is currently having files saved to it from a wget process. The wget invocation:

C:\home\downloads\complex systems guide>wget -p -r --convert-links --limit-rate=20k -w 2m --random-wait necsi.org/guide/

If I am able to reproduce the error, I will provide more details.

What kinds of files are being written into the directory? (Or are already in it?)

It may be a plugin that's crashing rather than Opus itself, or it could also be Shell Image Extraction (which is a bit like a plugin).

You can try turning Shell Image Extraction off at the bottom of Preferences, Listers, Thumbnails while plugins can be disabled in Preferences, Plugins but I guess it may be hard to know what the causes is, and whether either of these will isolate it, if it's not easy to reproduce.

If you find anything let us know! These things can be hard to track down or reproduce at all.

So far, html and gif. iirc, when I clicked on the folder, I was in /home/downloads. I don't have preview on. Here's an ls -r:

.:
OReilly - XP Annoyances.chm
cli.tcl
complex systems book
complex systems guide
listing
notes.txt
regexp pocket ref 2003.chm
setup-1.exe
simplesoccer.xsl
soccer.xml
soccer.xsl

./complex systems book:
001_index.html
001_newenglandcompleA
002_index.html
003_index.html
004_index.html
005_index.html
006_index.html
007_index.html
008_index.html
Bar-YamChap1.pdf
Bar-YamChap2.pdf
Bar-YamChap3.pdf
Bar-YamChap4.pdf
Bar-YamChap5.pdf
Bar-YamChap6.pdf
Bar-YamChap7.pdf
Bar-YamChap8.pdf
Bar-YamChap9.pdf
Bar-YamIndex.pdf
Bar-YamReadings.pdf
Bar-YamSect1.1-1.2.pdf
Bar-YamSect1.3-4.pdf
Bar-YamSect1.5-6.pdf
Bar-YamSect1.7-8.pdf
Bar-YamSect1.9-10.pdf
Bar-YamTOC.pdf
DCSchapter0.pdf
bar-yam.html
books.html
cxbooks.html
education
index.html
newenglandcompleA

./complex systems guide:
www.necsi.org

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org:
announce
community
cxworld
education
events
guide
images
index.html
logos
projects
robots.txt

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/announce:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/community:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/cxworld:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/education:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/events:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/guide:
index.html

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/images:
menuaboutcx.gif
menuactivitiesblue.gif
menucommunityblue.gif
menucxworldblue.gif
menueducationblue.gif
menuhomeblue.gif
menunewsblue.gif
menuresearchblue.gif
spacer.jpg

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/logos:
n_logo.gif

./complex systems guide/www.necsi.org/projects:
index.html

duh. I should have given more details on what my view was set to. I have "detailed" view set for both of the directories I was viewing in the horizontally split screen. If you need a config file, or a list of processes, or anything else that might help, let me know. I don't want to post all of that in the forum, but can email it.

Try disabling my Animated GIF plugin. There's a problem with it and very large (dimensions) images which I haven't got around to investigating yet. That may solve the problem if those are huge GIFs as you sometimes find on scientific sites.

Failing that, it could be the PDF (or HTML files), but I'd bet it's the GIF files.

If you can narrow it down to a particular file and it is the GIF plugin, please sent it to me: leo@ox.compsoc.net and I'll take a look at it when I can. (Just send the URL if possible.) I'll be AWOL for a few days, though.

It happened again, this time in a completely different location. An error window popped up, but I was unable to capture it because it dissappeared too quickly. It said something like, "Failed to initialize the splitter window." No gifs in that directory.