Crash on iterating collection (python)

DO 11.4.5229
python.org python 3.4
pywin32-218
WinXP SP3 32-bit

Clicking a button with the code below produces a crash - screenshot and minidump attached. (There seems to be something wrong with iteration, as direct calling works OK).

[code]@script Python

for a in DOpus.listers:
DOpus.Output(str(type(a)))[/code]
dopus.20140507.200240.zip (30.2 KB)

I can't reproduce the crash, although you're right that enumeration in Python doesn't seem to work. We'll look into it.

Thanks Jon.

With 11.4.2 sample script below text is output as expected, but at the end I get crash, see screenshot. (I will add minidump later if required).

for a in DOpus.listers: DOpus.Output('test')

I can't reproduce that. Maybe something specific to XP?

This one is from fresh Win 7 32-bit machine (only Virtual Machine Tools, DO 11.4.2, python 3.4 and pywin-219)

Can it be a matter of virtualisation? Localised Windows?
dopus.20140509.193829.zip (26 KB)

I only have ActivePython installed, maybe that's the difference?

It is the same with ActivePython-3.3.4.1-win32-x86 for me.

How many listers are open when you try?

Anything special about any of them?

[quote="leo"]How many listers are open when you try?

Anything special about any of them?[/quote]

Yes, there are listers open. They are 100% default DO11 listers with log panel opened. Physical folders are displayed only.
The message is written the correct number of times, next there is a 2-3 second hesitation, and then crash. The problem is not limited to the listers iteration, fe: iterating DOpus.listers(0).tabs gives the same result (message is written as many times as there are tabs in opened lister, then crash).

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Yes. I just tried it on Python 3.4 and it crashed as Xyzzy described. Windows 7 Pro 64 VM with a vanilla Opus 11.4.1 configuration.

Regards, AB

Yes. I just tried it on Python 3.4 and it crashed as Xyzzy described. Windows 7 Pro 64 VM with a vanilla Opus 11.4.1 configuration.[/quote]
With ActivePython on a real W7 Pro machine it runs successfully (for me).

Regards, AB

So only common things for failures so far is that all are on VMs (in my case - XP 32b and Win 7 32b on VirtualPC and Win2k8 R2 64b on ESX)

I think the ActivePython I have installed is 2.something.

ActivePython 2.7.6.9 64-bit in my case.

Regards, AB

I have crash with ActivePython-2.7.6.9-win32-x86 :confused:

This should be fixed in the next update.