Crash on Notebook standby

Opus 9.0.0.6 Windows XP SP2

Opus crashes everytime coming out of standby on my Dell 9300 Notebook...it's consistent.

Any patches/updates that fix this yet?

Thanks,

CD

Latest version: 9.0.0.7

As far as I'm aware this is the first report of a problem so I don't think there's a fix for it.

I use hibernation all the time on one laptop and standby fairly often on another, both XP SP2, so it might be particular to a hardware/software combination.

Can anyone else report whether or not they see this problem?

Reporting the problem to GPSoft is probably a good idea either way. If you can think of anything unusual that you have installed on your machine that might be a trigger for the problem then let us know here and I'll try to install it on one of my computers and see if I see the same thing (if possible).

Yes, I've been lazy and was hoping someone else would report it... :smiley:

It's been there since 9.0.0 and every update since.

I'll send a note to GPSoft...

CD

I can second that. I just installed Vista ServicePack 2 on my Laptop. And since then Dopus crashes after each standby and worse, you canĀ“t restart it until you restart the whole laptop, rendering the standby useless.

The error is in dopus_main 0xC0000005

Please try some of these steps to see if you can narrow down what's causing the problem:

[General slowdown or instability investigation steps)

FWIW, I have Vista x64 SP2 on my laptop (also a Dell) and both sleep and hibernate work fine without causing anything to crash.

Also, make sure all your drivers and hardware/laptop-related utilities (e.g. Dell QuickSet) are up-to-date.

Same here as Leo. Vista SP2, latest DOpus. Samsung Laptop been in and out of hibernation dozens of times this week. (On the road at a conference in Brussels.) Not a single problem.