Crash Related to Link Shell Extension and a Junction

Explorer and another program crashed with similar errors about dopuslib.

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.17763.348, time stamp: 0x03d46193
Faulting module name: dopuslib.dll, version: 12.13.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c919f07
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000362a0
Faulting process id: 0x1e80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3c5b8d476c
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopuslib.dll
Report Id: 6ded9906-fc45-45a7-96b8-9aedaf97678f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It was after I opened the properties dialog of a junction. Not sure if before or after I clicked the Link Properties tab that is added by Link Shell Extension.

No crash dumps found. Could not reproduce immediately after.

I get the same when a lister reads "This PC".

Blaming that lister tab as the activity icon keeps going around until even after the thread is killed. I'm using windows 10 and Dopus is find my C D drives, plus a few DLNA boxes in the "This PC" path. Other paths read normally.

What makes you say these two are the same issue? The first post is about a one-off crash but it sounds like you are describing something that is taking a long time?

By activity icon, do you mean the one on the right of the path field, or something else like the mouse pointer turning into a busy pointer / circle?

Yes I'm assuming/guessing its the same issue purely on the exception code 0xc0000005. Therefore could be completely wrong - fair point. And I haven't had other programs failing nor do I use junctions.

Guess I was trying to ask, does this happen for anyone else with windows 10 opening/navigating "This PC" for 12.13? Didn't in 12.12. And I assume Leo that you have tried this, so it must be me. I'll have to dig further into it.

Yes that is the icon I meant, but I forgot to relate that its Dopus' exception routine that pop-ups offering to kill the thread (there is two; can't remember their wording), so not me giving up - happens almost straight away.

I have the "This PC" in my default tabs and if I don't let Dopus read this virtual folder I have no problems. Note I've only used 12.13 for an hour or so since updating and yesterday was my first chance to look in to it. So yes a sin jumping to early. :pleading_face:

That sounds unrelated in that case.

Some crash dumps should have been created. Please send those to us. Here's how to find them:

The test version here may also fix things for you (please let us know if it does):

I believe it was caused by Link Shell Extension, they had a note on the changelog about this. Marking as closed.