Crash when sorting many files by "Rating"

So, I'm not entirely sure which part exactly causes this.

I want to copy some music to a stick for my car.

I usually rate items in Winamp, which is able to write the rating directly into the metadata.
What I do is:

Switch to (sorry, in German, rough translation) "Mixed (no folders)")
Add the "ratings" column

Then, DO crashes.
The error I get is
"Error (0x00000005) occured in Thread "dopus_fileinfo" at address 0x00007FFB68E03C40" (again, rough translation, but I guess you get the idea)

Any suggestions on this? Had the same error on DO11; and keep in mind, we are talking "a lot" of files here, about 2000.

Please zip and email the crash dump to leo@gpsoft.com.au and we will investigate.

I'm also having issues rating with preview turned on. Dopus hangs pretty often

As shown in the video, rating is saved for the picture only,
rating is not applied correctly, after restart the rating is lost.

I guess the hang/issue is caused by the preview window.
When preview is turned off video file rating seems to be applied correctly.
Also I noticed when rating a video file with preview off, a temp file is created ~ideo1.tmp in my case.
This does not happen with the preview window open.

Hanging may be caused by the video player being used. Windows Media Player (via the ActiveX plugin) looks like what the viewer is using there, and in turn that will depend on the codecs/splitters installed on the system. They may go wrong and hang if it tries to view the file as it is being changed, perhaps.

Changing the rating may not work if the file is being displayed in the viewer at the same time, depending on how the involved codecs/splitters lock the file. Closing the viewer is recommended when changing files, if it is causing problems. Using a different viewer may also help (e.g. the Movie plugin rather than WMP via the ActiveX plugin; or the WMP Preview Handler via the ActiveX plugin, rather than the WMP ActiveX control. These can be set up under Preferences / Viewer / Plugins.)

Is Opus actually crashing, or is just that window freezing? I can't tell if the animation above is showing the window close by itself due to a crash, or if that's part of the loop, or it's being closed by hotkey or something else.

If it is crashing, please check for a crash dump, as per the link above.

In general I don't install any third party codecs,
I rather use portable versions of softwares like VLC or MPC as an external movie player.

For pre-viewing while rating I use the default Dopus settings with WMP.
Selecting video files (preview on) is very smooth and does not cause any issue.
Dopus freezes=window hangs (not shown in the video) sometimes
when (inline) rating in the detail view the selecting another video files quickly.
Most likely you are right and the issue is not caused by Dopus itself (as I had similar issues in another FM).

I noticed, as a work-around, rating in the meta panel, with preview window turned on, does not invoke the hang.
Only very rarely I get the message "the file is used by another process", that's OK.
So apparently, at least for me, rating videos inline in detail view seems not to be the same as rating via the metadata view.

If you select the file (so the viewer opens it), then change the rating, does inline rating work OK then?

I suspect the problem is happening when the rating change is trying to modify the file at the same time WMP is trying to load the file. If so, we might be able to make some changes on our side to avoid doing both at once.

no. inline rating seems not to work correctly for video files. I have created another video to make it more clear.
the video starts with "INLINE Rating a picture and some video files ..."
Bilder hochladen
I did not experience any hangs when using the metadata pane for rating.