Crash when .webm file is selected

When I select a .webm file Dopus crashes with

The error (0xC0000005) occurred in thread 'dopus.viewpaneloader' at
address 0x00007FF7268E7CE9.

It even happens when I uncheck all the viewer plugins. I also tried enabling the "Movie" plugin and adding the .webm extension to its configuration. Windows explorer simply doesn't show a thumbnail or preview of the file.

I'm on windows 10 x64, dopus 11.19 x64. I do not have windows media player installed only VLC and MPC.

The crash is probably caused by a third party splitter/codec DLL for handling webm, but if you zip up the crash dumps and email them to leo@gpsoft.com.au I can take a look and confirm if that's the case or if the problem is elsewhere.

Email sent, thank you for looking into it!

I don't really want to have a preview for webm in the viewer pane so I'd be content with disabling that somehow.

Many thanks. It turns out that was a problem on our side, which I think has now been fixed for the next update.

It looks like a problem that would only happen with webm or mkv files written in a specific way, so I wasn't able to reproduce the problem or test the fix, although what's going wrong looks fairly clear. If you can find any other file which triggers the problem and is suitable for sharing with us (privately if you wish), it would be great to be able to fully test the fix in case other changes are needed, but if not don't worry, and let us know if you still see any problems after the next update.

Here is an example, saved with ant.com video downloader for FireFox:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_6w1 ... GtmcWVfdVE
Video source: youtube.com/watch?v=UoUEQYjYgf4

Many thanks! That confirmed the problem and that the fix corrects it.

Nice cat, too. :slight_smile:

FYI, I've just experienced immediate and consistent Opus crashes under ~the same circumstances -- clicking on a video file (an MKV in this case) also generated by Ant.com video downloader. The error location referenced in the applicable "Program Error Encountered" dialog is identical to what Zoltan reported. Let me know if you'd like me to send you a copy of the subject media file in my case.

The fix is in the current Opus 12 public beta.

(It will be part of any future Opus 11 updates as well, but we don't have enough pending Opus 11 changes to roll into an Opus 11 update at the moment.)