Crash

Friends
I am up to date. DOPUS has been fine for a long time.
Just now, it crashed without a reason. Unfortunately, the error message just told me that I can continue if I want to but the behavior would not be guaranteed. No error code. No explanation. No option to upload logs.

I restarted Windows 10 Pro x64 and am hoping this won't happen again.

All the best

You should be able to find the logs here:

Please send them to us and we'll see what they show.

dopus.20200319.120856.zip (28.3 KB)

Here is the file you requested. Thanks

It looks like the crash is due to corrupted data on the clipboard.

I can't tell from the log which process put the data there or what it looks like, but if it happens again, it's most likely due to the last program you used to put data into the clipboard. It could also be due to a program which monitors the clipboard and changes it when other software puts things into it, or with something corrupting memory within the process more generally.

Using ShellExView to disable any extensions related to tishell64.dll or IDMShellExt64.dll may also be worth a try, if the problem was not a one-off. Both of those are installed and have caused problems for people in the past, although we aren't aware of any current issues and nothing in the log implicates them directly.

1 Like

Hi Leo
I think the clipboard explanation might be correct. I am developing presentations and am constantly capturing images (which go to the Clipboard), copying between Office products and I have a clipboard monitor.

It has not happened since. Hopefully, it was a passerby situation.

Thanks a lot