Create a Lister as its own entity, unique to itself

For the purpose of this topic I want to create a Lister called "AX".
I'm looking for any tutorials that would give me a better feel for the following:

1. The directory structure would be more proprietary to the "AX", Lister's name.
  2. Content Menus that would only relate to "AX".
  3. Floating Menus that would execute when "AX" is loaded.
    Bob

Having a layout which displays certain folders/tabs and which loads certain toolbars inside the lister itself is easy. Layouts can do that on their own, and you just set things up and save them as a layout (more or less). (Styles can do similar; which is best depends on how you want to use them.)

Changing context menus wouldn't be easy, as they are a global resource. The only way I can think of would be very painful to maintain, unless you only want some very small changes between the normal and special modes.

Changing floating toolbars, as opposed to the toolbars inside the window, should be possible using a script. But if you want to keep things simple, I'd recommend using normal toolbars rather than floating ones as then most things take care of themselves.

1 Like

Still working this out.
I want to set up listers that have different Tool Bars. Also want to link floating ToolBars to a Lister.So when I open a Lister called AX it will open a floating Toolbar designated to the Lister.
Bob

What I said above still applies.

Saving lister toolbars into layouts is easy (there's a checkbox asking whether you want to when you save the layout).

Controlling floating toolbars based on which layout(s) are currently open is complicated. It should be possible via scripting, but it would be a lot of extra effort for you to set it up.

1 Like

I did get it set up. Actually it wasn't that bad. But currently I'm having a problem with having to wait for Opus for 5 to 7 minutes before he can use it, starting computer. Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Opus 12.17 x64. My thought is that the floating toolbar with this many links might be slowing things down. The following toolbar executes on startup and after executes it seems then I have access to my Opus life.

My thought is that the floating toolbar might have to check that all the links included will execute when I click on them. Is there a way to have a link execute only when I click or select that particular link. In this case it might be slower but that's a big thing. I would want to do that to all my Opus environment, just supporting toolbar.

It just seemed is a high probability that the slowdown on startup is from the toolbar. But if not what should I look for?
Bob

If the toolbar points to icons that are on unreachable network drives, that could slow down startup, as Windows waits for up to 30 seconds before deciding a network drive isn't available.

unreachable network drives

That is the case. Thanks
Bob