Create Context Menu Button

I am wondering if there is a way to have the context menu appear by the click of a button. When I select a large amount of files, and then right click, the program freezes, sometimes for a few minutes, depending on the amount of files I select. I was thinking if I could get a button to show the context menu, then maybe the program would not freeze.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you turn on Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides) then only a cut-down context menu will be shown unless you hold the Shift key down, which should speed things up.

You can also optionally move your Windows-related context menus into a sub-menu - see Tip: Organise and Speed-Up Context Menus for details.

I'll have to look at that link some other time. There are a lot of stuff in that context menu that I just assume hide or move to a sub menu.

I tried the first one, and it did speed it up, but only problem was the command that I needed was in the other menu. So I went back and turned that off, as I really did not want to remember to hit shift each time, and when I did do it the old way, it did freeze the program, but for not nearly as long. I had over 800 items selected, and it only froze for a second or two, where it would have been for a few minutes at least. Thanks for that help, but when I get some time, I really want to try the other method also, and try to clean up that context menu.

Thanks again.

The freeze you're seeing may be coming from a specific context menu extension; you may also want to follow the steps in Crash, exit or high CPU when right-clicking certain files to see if you can identify which one - it may be something you never use and can be safely removed.