Create Three Button From Scratch

I created a new button and set the check mark to three button type but I was unable to work out how to add the RMB and MMB options. As a bypass, I copied and pasted an existing three button button and edited the definitions to generate a new set.

Guidance on how to build a new three button from scratch would be appreciated.

Regards, AB

In the sub-menu which appears under your button when you tick "Three Buttons" a new item appears called "New Button". If you right click on this you will have the option to create new buttons in this submenu. Up to three new buttons can be created in this submenu, which, once the customize mode is exited will correspond to LMB, RMB and MMB.

Read Gus' tutorial for a step by step guide to creating 3 button buttons:

Triple Drive Buttons

Even after reading Gus' tut, after creating the MMB and then left-clicking and holding the drive button used in the example, I get the appropriate left option. Right-clicking gives me the correct action once again. However, nothing happens with the middle (MMB) click. Actually, when I MMB, I get the left-click option.

Any help appreciated,

-Miles®™
"Only when a tree has fallen can you take the measure of it. It is the same with a man."

—Anne Morrow Lindbergh.

Hint. First create a 3 button button and only assign to it, the name of the overall function of the button (no commands).

Then while still in customize mode, drag and drop other existing buttons to it, stacking them from top to bottom in the order you want the LMB RMB MMB to occur.

The timing of the drag and drop operation is rather important to the success of this.

[quote]
tanis wrote:
Read Gus' tutorial for a step by step guide to creating 3 button buttons:
Triple Drive Buttons[/quote]
Many thanks for the useful link. Now that I know they are there, I will check out some of the other tutorials as well.

Regards, AB

Check your Mouse control panel and make sure the middle mouse button's action is set to "middle mouse button". A lot of mouse drivers don't do this by default, which is annoying. :slight_smile:

[quote]
nudel wrote:

Check your Mouse control panel and make sure the middle mouse button's action is set to "middle mouse button". A lot of mouse drivers don't do this by default, which is annoying. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Appreciate the nfo but IF the middle-button was not working correctly, would I not be able to get to the "already-setup" buttons like the DELETE functon from the existing toolbar?

-Miles®™
"Photons have mass ?!? I didn't even know they were Catholic..."

Could not find an EDIT button so I will followup on my last:

The middle-button whilst in Opus is the left-button. I have another program (PowerPro) that uses Chord L&R (read: left&right simultaneous) and it works, hence the middle-button is active.

I was wrong about the default toolbars within Opus (for me). The middle-button (MMB) performs what the left-button does. To test this, I edited the middle function of a default toolbar button and made the function BLANK (empty). Closed out the customise session and performed the middle-button action. It performed the left-button action, not NOTHING like it should have.

-Miles®™
"Nature's way of saying goodbye."

So you can either configure your mouse drivers so that the middle button runs "middle mouse button" instead of whatever it runs now (probably "left button doubleclick" in my experience) or you can ctlr-left-click the buttons in Opus to perform their middle click action if you want to keep your middle mouse button assigned to something else.

Thanks for the update. I use a Logitech Laser Mouse that had the wheel as a zoom scroll and I changed it to middle button. All is well that ends well.

Good to go now and thanks for your time and quick response. :wink:

-Miles®™
"Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.
I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar. On my desk."

—Steven King.