Ctrl & Select

Hi,

In Explorer I can hold CTRL and right click on a folder/file to select it. I've searched DOpus preferences but can't seem to find a way to emulate this.

Any ideas?

The same technique works in Opus. You can also use the middle mouse button if you have one.

For me, right click & CTRL on folders displays its contents in the opposite pane, and right click & CTRL on files displays their properties.

For me, Ctrl + a single Right-Click in Explorer does not select files. It shows the context menu for the currently selected files, ignoring what is under the mouse at the time of the click.

Back in Opus, it does the same thing as Right-Click without control.

Are we definitely talking about the same thing (holding down the Ctrl key while clicking once with the right mouse button)?

Which file display mode are you using; is it Power mode with the mouse button configuration changed?

Is Single-Click "Point To Select" mode on in Opus or Explorer? That may change things, although I don't think it would change them in this way.

Thinking about how we see different things in Explorer, are your mouse drivers set to change with the right mouse button does at all?

I'm REALLY sorry...I meant to say LEFT click.

i.e. The problem is that CTRL + Left Mouse Click does not select folder, but opens it in the opposite pane.

Either you have single click mode enabled or you're double-clicking :slight_smile:

Yes, I have single click enabled. So it's not possible to select with CTRL + L/click in this mode?

In single-click (point-to-select) mode, you just hover over the files for a moment to select them. Holding Ctrl works to select them without deselecting the others.

Hi, yes and this is the same in Explorer too (in point-to-select mode). But in Explorer it's possible to speed the selection process up by Left clicking as CTRL is held down - i.e. you don't have to wait while hovering over the file. Is it possible to make DOpus work this way too?

Clicking with the middle mouse button does the same in Opus (both in and out of single-click mode).

(Assuming your mouse's middle button isn't remapped to something else, as some are.)

I can't think of a way to make ctrl+left-click do the same, at least without some kind of script.

Thanks a lot.

btw, I can't seem to find how to edit my first post so I can mark it as [SOLVED]

This should explain... Why can't I edit my posts?

Thanks, that seems understandable.

It's a shame forum management software doesn't provide a checkbox to say 'solved' (I've seen some of them that do this).