Current user of DO 10 want to try out 11

Hi - I am a user of DO 10 - would not want to be without it. It is not clear to me what to do if I want to try out DO 11. I want to make sure that the $50 is worth it. It is more than I expected for an upgrade. So do I click on free evaluation as if I was not registered and get a new registration for DO 11 which lasts 30 or 60 days. Your site says it is installed in the same place as the old version. what happens to the old registration

Can you see the problem?

I want to try out DO 11 and maybe revert back to 10 if the upgrade is not worth the $50

Nothing happens to the old registration. You can switch back to it at any time. you should make a backup of your Opus 10 configuration before installing 11. Then if you do decide to downgrade, just uninstall 11, reinstall 10, and restore your configuration.

Good to know.. about to give 11 a test run. $50 aus seems fair.. being the most used bit of software on my PC.

Thanks GPS team.

I wish the upgrade email that spuiked the Opus 11 upgrade had suggested backing up config.
I installed v11 but I didn't back the config up... I assume now I can't go back to Opus 10 if I want to retain my toolbar stuff?
Why couldn't the GPS programmers have had the foresight to save existing config during install, for the benefit of unwary (and trusting) tech-challenged users?!?
:frowning:

[quote="Destry"]I wish the upgrade email that spuiked the Opus 11 upgrade had suggested backing up config.
I installed v11 but I didn't back the config up... I assume now I can't go back to Opus 10 if I want to retain my toolbar stuff?
Why couldn't the GPS programmers have had the foresight to save existing config during install, for the benefit of unwary (and trusting) tech-challenged users?!?
:frowning:[/quote]

You assume wrong. You can revert back to 10 as 11 did not destroy your toolbars at all. At worst it might have renamed them.

Type /dopusdata into the path bar and look around... especially in Buttons folder. That's were my toolbars & custom buttons appear to be.

Going from 11 to 10 without a backup of your config should work fine, but it's always better to have a backup.