Custom and Default layouts saves on exit

hi there!

I'm new to Directory Opus and I would like to check if I can reach my goal..

I would like to use the Default layout and save it on exit, like normal: saving opened folders and tabs.
But when I use a custom layout with different tabs and folder, I don't want it to be saved as the Default one on exit..

Right now the only way I found to do that is to open the default layout, then open the custom one, do what I need to do and close it BEFORE exiting completely, so before closing the default one, otherwise I would lose my default layout and I would have to configure it again..

I checked the options more than once and tried different things but maybe I'm missing something obvious..
thanks a lot!

Download this and drag it to the list in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts:

No default layouts.js.txt (650 Bytes)

It will block the default lister from being updated when you close a window which was opened as part of a layout.

Script code for reference (same as in the download above):

function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "No default layouts";
	initData.version = "1.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2020 Leo Davidson";
	initData.url = "https://resource.dopus.com/t/custom-and-default-layouts-saves-on-exit/35079";
	initData.desc = "Do not update the default lister when closing windows from a layout";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.20";
}

function OnCloseLister(closeListerData)
{
	if (closeListerData.lister.layout != "")
	{
		DOpus.Output(closeListerData.lister.layout);
		closeListerData.prevent_save = true;
	}
	return false; // Do not block the lister from closing.
}
1 Like

wow, thank you, I tested it for a while and it seems to work flawless.. the only little (very little) issue I found is that when I completely close Dopus from task bar with the custom layout, the next start tit will open the custom layout again. but as soon as I close the windows and open dopus again it loads the default layout..
Hope I was able to explain what I meant. and anyway it's not really as problem, because the default layout was saved correctly, so I'm happy with the solution.. Thank you very very much for the script you made, I really appreciated it!

I would like to use this thread to make another question, if possible; if it's a problem I can open a new one.. Is there a way to buy Directory Opus from bundles sites like Humble Bundle? I often see software bundles there..

thank you

You've probably got this turned on:

• Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup / Open the Listers that were open when the program was last closed

Change it to Open the Default Lister.

Opus Light was in a Humble Bundle some years ago but there aren't any planned bundles featuring Opus on the horizon (that I know of, at least!).

1 Like

yea, thanks, don't know why but I thought it was still useful to save the layout structure on exit, my bad!

and thanks for the bundle reply, too. I'm considering buying at least the light licence, but it's still some money for me..

anyway, thank you and have nice day :muscle: