Custom buttons error

Hi.

I just installed DO, but i'm having a small problem. After using DO for about 10-15 minutes(mainly for renaming and moving files) i will get an "Custom buttons error". If i continue to use DO, the error frame will popup no matter what i do(e.g. renaming/moving/deleting files). If i close DO and wait 10 minutes and then restart, I have a 50% chance of getting the program up and working again for another 10-15 minutes, the other 50% of the times DO just wont start up again until i restart my computer. In some cases, it will even kill windows explorer, effectively shutting me out of both DO and windows explorer until i reboot. I've tried to browse this forums faq and help threads, without much luck of finding any help (but i may have overlooked something).

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Really like using DO, in the short intervals it works :slight_smile:

-Thiba

I don't think I've ever seen anything like that happen before.

Next time it happens, could you take a screenshot of the error message plus any other Opus windows on screen at the time?

Searching for that error message some more, it doesn't seem to be anything to do with Opus at all.

Are you using the Custom Buttons extension for Firefox? I found a lot of people talking about that displaying a "Custom Buttons Error" message.

It sounds like something in your system is causing multiple programs to crash at once. It's probably a shell extension or something which patches all apps to change their behaviours.

Hi.

You are probably right, think there is an issue with another program i'm using that tries to attach some functionality to every open window. Added DO to an exception list in this program, and has been working fine ever since. Sorry to bother you for nothing :slight_smile:

What's the other program? It may be useful to know in case it affects other people.

The program is called splitview. It's used to split up multi-monitor setups into smaller zones. It also has the ability to add some buttons to each open window. I'm guessing theese buttons is the problem, since DO has been working normally since i disabled them.

Thanks!