Custom directory for DO data?

I've seen that DirectoryOpus stores its data in:
C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

1. Does DO additionaly store other data in other directories or is this the one and only folder where DO stores its data?

2. Is it possible to define a custom directory where DO stores its data?

For 1, see this thread:

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... globaldata

For 2, I don't think there's a way to change where the config is stored. Opus uses the standard locations defined by Microsoft for configuration and user settings. The only thing you can change is whether the configuration is private for each user or shared for everyone on the same machine, which changes where most of the config files are stored.

The reason I was asking: I very much like programs which store their whole configuration in one single place. But since DirectoryOpus has the option to backup its configuration this is also a solution.

Am I right when I assume that the backup feature of DO saves and restores really ALL of its settings? So when restoring a backup configuration (e.g. after a hard-disk crash and reinstalling DO) results in the exactly same look and behavior as before?

It should do, yes. You can rename the backup file to a .zip and look inside it to see exactly what is and isn't included.