Custom icon won't show on right side display

Hi,

I created some custom icons for folders. In windows explorer, they all show up properly on both the directory tree on the left, and window on the right. In Dopus, it shows on the left side directory tree, but not on the right side windows. I am using Dopus v8.2.2.4 Unicode

I tried rebooting Dopus (and the system too), no difference. Also tried steps recommended by one of the threads about rebuilding icon cache using TweakUI, no difference.

Anyone has any idea ?

Does this help?

[Tortoise CVS / SVN icon overlays don't show)

What is the folder that you are viewing?

Which program/method did you use to change the folder icons?

Do you want new icons for all folders (i.e. new default folder icon) or just for certain individual folders?

I followed the thread, and disabled generic icons display. That does work, and now I have custom icons showing on right side windows too. Thank you.

However, I do notice one thing. If I select a folder with custom icon on the directory tree on the left, the Tab icon is still generic.

I am viewing some standard data folder I created, and I customize the icons through Windows properties dialogue. No 3rd party program involved.

I just want a custom icons on a few folders, not all the folders.

Cool.

The tab icon thing is a known limitation. I'm not sure if it has been sent to GPSoft officially so I'll file a report now to make sure it gets looked at when there is time.

I'll also suggest that the Generic Icons option is turned off by default when people install Opus. It seems to trip up a fair few people and, with icons now read in the background, I think it should be something people enable if they need it, rather than on by default.