"Customize" issues

Hi there! o)

I did a quick search, I would have thought there is a thread already, but..

1. It happened two times in a row now and x-times in the past, that I edited a button and just hit "Ok" on the Customize dialog. Both times the changes in my script buttons where lost, no warning and no automatic saving of the edited code is done, which is.. quite annoying, especially if it's the first time edit - where you copied and pasted several snippets together and the edit is quite important - so you did not only change a single line.

2. If you alt-leftclick a button to edit it, and then another.. The second button editor will open directly behind the window of the first button editor window, leaving me with a "hu?-effect" each time. Did it open? Did it not, which one is the one i opened first. I see no reason why the last opened button editor would open behind an existing one?

Thanks! o)

1. Is it correct to have script type "JScript.Encode" and "VBScript.Encode" here?
  1. That isn't meant to happen AFAIK. Does it happen always or just sometimes? Is there a sequence of actions that triggers it?

2. Alt-click one button then another opens the second on top of the first for me, at least so far. Any extra things that might be part of it, like having a progress dialog open at the same time (that will complicate z-order/stacking some more).

3. The script engine names come from the registry, and/or from names you have typed into the dialog box in the past.

Inside /dopuslocaldata/State Data/windowstate.osd:

<advscript>
	<extra>
		<language>JScript.Moo</language>
	</extra>
</advscript>

It's probably coming from your registry, though. Although I am not sure why it would do that for you and not others, unless the .Encode script engines are only installed with certain tools (e.g. IIS web server). This thread talks about it a bit.

PS: Remember one question per thread, please.

1. Seems very easy to reproduce:
  • get into customize
  • create new button by right clicking a toolbar
  • alt-leftclick the button
  • enter something into the button
  • click ok on the Customize dialog
  • alt-leftclick the new button
    -> empty button code

Also happens when there are multiple button editor windows open and changes have been done.
-> Bug?! o)

1. Interestingly I cannot reproduce this right now. mhppf! o)
    -> More tests required.

2. Ah yes, ok thanks! I did not enter something into windowstate.osd. The windows machine is quite fresh, but yes, several things installed not to be found on generic systems (Visual Studio 2017 e.g. which brings a ton of things as you probably know). I always had these "*.Encode" entries here at work, even on the machine I used before, so it is surely related to something I make use of here at the job. Knowing that this list of script engines is read from somehwere, I see that it's not really related to DO and definitely not to be called a "bug" of some kind. Thx! o)
    -> Resolved.