Customizing Toolbars

Hello there,

My name is Francisco and I am an Opus user from Chile.

I've tried to customize some of the toolbars and following the instructions, I drag and drop the icons into the toolbar in the customize mode and nothing happens.

Does anyone can help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

When you drag a program or shortcut icon over an existing toolbar (in customize mode), is there a "shortcut arrow" overlay on your icon ?

Yes, and in fact, if I "drop" the program or file icon, it is correctly placed over the toolbar. What might be happening?

Thanks for your assistance

Francisco

Have a look at my tutorial video on toolbar editing:

View online:
resource.dopus.com/Files/videos/Toolbar1.html

Zipped version:
resource.dopus.com/Files/videos/Toolbar1.zip

If things don't work for you like they work in the video, at which point does something different happen?

Which toolbar are you trying to add buttons to?

While still holding the mouse, before you drop, do you get the line appearing where the icon will end up?

Do things completley vanish after you drop them?

Does it happen with all types of file or just some?

So, what is the problem exactly if the program is correctly added to the toolbar ? It doesn't work (launch) after you've quit customize mode ? Or does the button vanish after you've quit customization ?

Thanks for your comments and answering your questions:

I saw your excellent video and in fact, there I learned how to customize the toolbars.

This happens in any toolbar y try to customize. I drag the icon from the available buttons and the black line and the little box indicating the icon in the bar appears, but nothing happens. It happens with all the available icons in the customize section. If I drop any other icon (e.g. a file, a program icon, etc) it will be correctly placed in the the toolbar.

My system is very cluttered (in fact I am planning a complete formating during the next few days). Do you think it is possible that this problem might be caused by this "system clutter"?

[quote]
abelthorne wrote:

So, what is the problem exactly if the program is correctly added to the toolbar ? It doesn't work (launch) after you've quit customize mode ? Or does the button vanish after you've quit customization ?[/quote]

The problem is that the button never appears in the toolbar. Please see my answer to Nudel's post. Thank you very much for your support.

I suppose that's possible. Since you're planning to wipe things out, reformat and start over anyway, I wouldn't worry about the toolbar button issue until that's done. If the problem still exists then post again and we'll see what we can figure out.

[quote]

I suppose that's possible. Since you're planning to wipe things out, reformat and start over anyway, I wouldn't worry about the toolbar button issue until that's done. If the problem still exists then post again and we'll see what we can figure out.[/quote]

Thank you all very much for your assistance. I will format my computer and if the problem still persists, I will post again.