D8viewer crashing, maybe due to MaxTo

I use the dopus d8viewer for all supported imagetypes on my PC. The past 2 months or so though, it will randomly freeze up when attempting to load an image, and then crash directory opus entirely. When I check the windows app error logs it says it faulted on ntdll.dll. I did an sfc check on it and found no integrity violations.

The files are in locations that other apps use (dropbox, onedrive) and also in locations that are just sitting loose and untouched, so I don't think it's any sort of locking handle or access issue.

Which file types are crashing?

Are any other types being viewed or thumbnailed around the same time? (Many image and document formats are handled by third party components, not Opus itself. Especially things like PDF and Office documents.)

Are any crash logs created? Automatic crash logs (for bug reports)

It doesn't make any crashlogs, and no other filetypes are being thumbnailed at the time (I'm viewing in details mode)

It happens with all image types, jpg, png, gif, etc etc

Do you have any scripts installed that react to viewer events?

Or any software installed that messes with other programs' windows/borders/placement?

It's likely to be something like those, or some other thing outside Opus like graphics drivers or antivirus, since we have no other reports, and the viewer crashing on basic image types for so long would generate a lot of reports if it was happening to other people.

Hm, I do use MaxTo on my windows for these ultrawide monitors. Let me see if it does it with that disabled.

Yeah it appears to be something related to MaxTo; if Dopus opens after MaxTo it is ok, but if maxto is open first it breaks d8viewer. I'll see what MaxTo says. :slight_smile:

1 Like