Default Group on Start up

Please tell me what settings to use so that DO always opens a specific tab Group when the program is started.

Thanks,
jdd

Is anyone able to help with this request?

Thanks,
jdd

Unfortunately Go NEW TABGROUPLOAD=xxx doesn't work as one might hope (it loads the group into an existing lister if there is one, and does nothing if there isn't one). I've just filed a feature request/bug report about that.

Meanwhile, I think your best bet is to use a saved Layout. The only drawback to this is that if you make changes to the tab group you'll also have to re-save the layout since I don't think there will be any connection between the two.

To make a layout, set up your lister how you want it to be, with the tab group in effect, then go to Settings -> Lister Layouts -> Save This Lister in the default menus and give the layout a name like My Start Layout.

Now go to Preferences / Startup and select Open a saved Lister layout, then select your layout from the drop-down list.

If you also want your layout to open when you double-click the desktop and/or double-click the tray icon then you can configure that under Preferences / Double-click / Desktop.