Default view for remote/removable drives

Hi there,

I'm a little stuck on how to force a network or removable drive to display with one set of columns, whilst "online" files display with another.

Content detection is off, and the problem stems from me having the folder and count column visible normally. This triggers subdir parsing, as far as I am aware.

I've turned off "Automatically calculate fodler sizes for remote drives" in the options and am aware that having the files/folders columns showing is causing the parsing.

So, question is, how do I have one set of columns for network and removable drives, and one set for online files. Right now, every folder anywhere uses my default column set (WHich incidentally, I can't remember how I got working!!)

Folder Formats FAQ:
[Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

You can have different "Default Formats" for network, removable and local drives (among others).

Good lord, talk about wood for the trees... :frowning: I must have gone through every hoop except that one.

Still working on the filename cleaning regex from another thread too, though I'm pretty sure that one's not quite as straightforward as the solution to this.

Bloody brilliant app, so glad there's a settings export as I wouldn't relish restoring my configuration by hand!

I've been thinking a bit about your other RegEx thread but haven't had much free time to devote to it yet. If and when I do respond to it I'm pretty sure I'll ask you just how closely your example file name resembles the file names you actually want to rename.

I've been wondering on it too John.
Let's continue the discussion of this part on the original thread.

:opusicon: Porcupine