Delete Requester file information bug

I have made a copy of a lot of picture files from an iPhoto directory from an Mac and when I do this i got a lot of preview files with me. The preview files is named ._IMG_Filename.jpg.

I took an search for all the preview with the find command in dopus. As the picture shows it is 12707 items found. Almost all of the files have the size 4 KB. When I am selecting all the files and delete the files I get an comfirm request windows that ask me if I want to delete 12707 files and 2 294 032 TB from the disk.

The number of TB is too high. If we take 4KB * 12707 I only get 50828 KB which is the real size of the files.

I have an Rar file with all the files and it takes about 9.29 MB and I can send it if needed.

This has been reported before: [Bug in total file size calculation?)

Leo wrote:

Only seems to happen in the old Find window as far as I can tell. If you use the newer Find panel that attaches to the lister then the problem doesn't happen.

When it does happen it seems to be triggered by a single file. Deselect that file (once you work out which it is) and all the others can be selected without the problem happening.

[quote="Christiaan"]This has been reported before: [Bug in total file size calculation?)

Leo wrote:

Only seems to happen in the old Find window as far as I can tell. If you use the newer Find panel that attaches to the lister then the problem doesn't happen.

When it does happen it seems to be triggered by a single file. Deselect that file (once you work out which it is) and all the others can be selected without the problem happening.[/quote]

Is there a new Find window ? How can I get it ?

Yes, you are using the Find Window. Leo means: Tools > Find Panel :wink:

Thanks, but it is still an bug with the Delete Requester when deleting many small files from an search.

Only in the old Find Window, not if you send the results to a File Collection, right?