Delete Warning dialog box

Hi,

on DO11, whenever I delete files with read only attribute, I have this dialog box asking to unprotect the file. It has also the "unprotect all" but I have to go to the drop down menu or press shift to reach it.

As most of the time I need the "unprotect all" option, is there a way to display the 2 buttons directly ("unprotect" AND "unprotect all").

Is there a way to do it without using the option "delete read-only files directly" ?

Thanks

You can either turn on the option or make a button which runs "Delete FORCE" (or similar) to avoid being prompted about read-only files.

There's no way to change the prompt itself, only to avoid seeing it entirely.

I too would really like the unprotect all option to be displayed without having to press any other keys, like it was in Directory Opus 10. Maybe the unprotect all option could be added to the dialog box as a separate button from the single unprotect file button (maybe enable this via a Preferences setting?)

I'd like to keep the prompt as a safeguard, but I liked to have the "unprotect all" displayed as we had in DO 10.

personally, it is a step back compared to DO 10, can you consider doing something about it ? (maybe in Advanced preferences,"display_unprotect_all_by_default").

Leo: I posted my "Me too!" comment before seeing your comment about using the Delete Force command. How do I enable the Delete Force option so I don't have to see the unprotect all dialog box when deleting read-only files?

File operations, deleting files, delete read-only files ....

Thank you.

I bind a spare mouse button to the shift key, which also makes shift-selecting and a bunch of other things more convenient.

The dialog change wasn't mine but I think it was done because the old dialog was so cluttered with so many different buttons of different sizes. It also makes the dialog consistent with the Replace dialog, which is used far more often (without complaints that I'm aware of).

Read-only files don't shouldn't occur that often, so holding shift or clicking into a menu when they do doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.

it all depends of your job, I took the time to post because I have been dealing with some hard drives I needed to clean and this pop up was coming (as I was expecting), usually it takes me 1 click to Unprotect All, not anymore.

Same for some tests I have been doing related to thread Copy files over network - Dopus slower than Windows Explorer , I had to repeat several times a file copy, and of course this dialog box was there again slowing me down.

I know it is not a big deal, but why would you need 2 clicks or 2 hands when it was done with 1 ? :slight_smile: