Desktop folder, want to open in Single Pane by default

I keep several folders right on my desktop. When I double click I get my default two pane layout (which I don't want to change)

I'd like to double click a desktop folder and get it to open in a single pane.

I tried saving a shortcut to a layout. That works, but now I have TWO icons on the desktop, one for the folder, and one for the layout. Sure I could move the folder off the desktop, but then I'd lose the ability to drag/drop items into the folder (like URLs from the browser).

Is there a way to force a normal desktop folder to open single pane?

George

When you double-click what? The desktop itself? Or do you mean you want double-clicking some folders to open a dual file display window and other folders to open a single display window?

Please also link your account.

you do have lister layout right click menu on desktop if that helps

Maybe I wasn't clear, my apologies.

I actually have real folder(s) residing right on my windows desktop. When I double-click the Icon for the folder, DOPUS opens the folder in the Source pane of a two-pane window (my default layout). The destination pane is whatever was last used in a destination pane.

I simply want the folder to open in a single pane window. And I want ANY folder opened via a double-click to open this way.

I tried creating a desktop shortcut to a specifically created lister layout, that works, but it means a) creating a custom lister layout for each folder b) Having two icons on the desktop for each folder since I can't drag/drop onto the lister shortcut.

Hope this is clearer. Not sure what you mean by "link your account"

George

Next to your username, at the top of any of your posts, it should say "please link your account" (unless you're on a phone/tablet). Click on that and it takes you to here:

https://resource.dopus.com/link-opus

Leo: Thanks, have linked it. I guess I've never noticed that link before.

George

To get that, save a single-pane window as your default lister (Settings > Set As Default Lister). The Default Lister is what will normally be used to open folders which are double-clicked from outside of Opus.

If you want launching Opus in other ways to open something else, you can save a layout for that and configure the other actions to open that layout, usually via Preferences / Launching Opus and the appropriate section(s) below there for the method(s) you're using.