Dialog Boxes suggestions

I'm currently working on a script that uses a dialog box that should appear on top of the standalone viewer. At the moment it's only possible to realize that by using a Autohotkey script. There are a few more things I would suggest to add to the DOpus.Dlg properties:
[ul][li]1) Add the possibility to show dialogs on top of the standalone viewer to the dlg.window property[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]2) Add the possibility to define the position of a dialog on the screen.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]3) Add the possibility to define the size of the dialog window[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]4) Add the possibility to add control elements independently of which other controls are shown. At the moment you can't show more than one text field and you can't combine a text field with a drop down control. All combinations should be possible.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]5) Show some text between controls. If I add more than one text field or drop down control I'd like to be able to show a header text for each.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]6) Some beautyfying features would also be nice. Especially defining font size/color and maybe background color for text areas, separation lines or other graphical elements like rectangles around text.[/li][/ul]

Additional suggestion:
[ul][li]7) Make the dialog with a list of items the user can turn on or off auto-resize in heigth if the list contains more than a few items to avoid the scrollbar.[/li][/ul]

May be continued... :smiley:

You may try WPF with the powershell wrapper, a quick demo I posted here: Powershell future
Unfortunately I did not find the time to post a complete "how to" yet. Also a little more research needs to be done to make inclusion of these type of dialogs as easy as possible, but I think that's a serious option.
Another option is to recompile one of the fully fledged 32bit GUI active-x controls already there for x64 (if possible - sadly my skills don't allow this).

I think extending DOs dialog scripting is an endless story, there will always be a switch missing once you put in the next feature. That said, I'd like to see positioning and size-options for the basic dialogs as well. o))

[quote="kundal"]I'm currently working on a script that uses a dialog box that should appear on top of the standalone viewer. At the moment it's only possible to realize that by using a Autohotkey script. There are a few more things I would suggest to add to the DOpus.Dlg properties:
[ul][li]1) Add the possibility to show dialogs on top of the standalone viewer to the dlg.window property[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]2) Add the possibility to define the position of a dialog on the screen.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]3) Add the possibility to define the size of the dialog window[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]4) Add the possibility to add control elements independently of which other controls are shown. At the moment you can't show more than one text field and you can't combine a text field with a drop down control. All combinations should be possible.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]5) Show some text between controls. If I add more than one text field or drop down control I'd like to be able to show a header text for each.[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]6) Some beautyfying features would also be nice. Especially defining font size/color and maybe background color for text areas, separation lines or other graphical elements like rectangles around text.[/li][/ul][/quote]

Yes, the dialog boxes could need some cosmetics, as well as the functions. Especially 1, 2, 3 and 6 sound quite useful to me, as i would like to use different colors in the new Tagger, if they were available. :thumbsup:

Looking up this old threat I found that most everything I suggested (and more) is now possible with version 12. That's really great. Many thanks for the new dialog editor.

Only some minor beautifying features mentioned at Nr.6 are left:
[ul][li]1) define different font size/color especially for static text controls[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]2) separation lines[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]3) simple (optional rounded) rectangles which can be filled with background color.[/li][/ul]