Dialog for adding columns has changed

OK, this will sound crazy but I am trying to figure out why the dialog for adding columns has just totally changed on me out of nowhere. Before if I right clicked on a column the dialog would come up and I believe there was a list of columns, and at the top was a drop down box with mulitple options such as "common columns" and "all columns" or something to that effect. Now out of nowhere that dialog has disappeared and I just see a dialog box that contains every column.

This is the most recent version of DO and I have not performed any updates or anything like that. Anyone know what I am talking about or have a clue why the dialog box would have changed??

Thanks

Also, on the previous dialog there would be some type of a "save" command if I wanted to save the new columns or something like that. That is now totally gone. I have no idea what I did to make that disappear or if I was accessing that dialog from somewhere else but I could swear it was from simply right clicking and bringing up the dialog to select other columns.

It sounds like you're doing this from the desktop or another virtual folder - in those cases it is Explorer providing the dialog. Go to C:\ and try it again.

lol, you are exactly right, and by explaining that you also have me the answer to this question. Feature Request - Add Notes to Files and Folders

The reason the description was not showing up is it evidently won't work on the desktop, and that is where I was trying it.

Yes that would be right, however you can use descriptions on the desktop by going to the real underlying folder (/desktopdir).