Directory move bug

So... I have a Samba Server (4.2) with two directories owned by me. I have a win10/64 client with Directory Opus 12.3.

Selecting files and using "move" is fine. Selecting a directory and choosing move brings up a "UAC Elevator" ... and even when "Yes" is given there, DOpus brings up a dialogue (attached).

If I use the normal windows explorer, no UAC is triggered and files move just fine.

In both tests did you move the same folder to the same destination?

Is it just one folder, or one source or destination, that's triggering the problem, or all folders on the Samba Server?

Is Opus showing the correct names for all the folders and paths involved?

If you're using a mapped drive letter, try accessing the share via the UNC path instead. The UAC prompt may be causing the operation to be retried in a context where the mapped drive letter does not exist, which may explain the path error in the screenshot. The UAC prompt appearing at all is probably a different issue, and resulting from an access denied error earlier on. That could be due to the folder being in use when you try to move it.

Make sure the viewer pane is closed, as well as anything else that may be causing Opus to access files below the folder being moved, in case Samba is turning such access into a lock on the folder itself. That includes any columns which read file/folder contents, such as Description, music metadata, or dimension columns, as well as thumbnails display, which may take time to work through all the files, and could be the difference between what's happening with Opus and Explorer.

In order:

Yes;

I haven't exhaustively tested, but yes... any folder;

Yes;

Using network path \vr\vr1\path\to\dir gives the same result;
(note that moving, copying or deleteing individual files is fine)

I recently upgraded DOpus from 12.2 to 12.3 and only have one window open. So far, being new to dopus, I don't use any other panes.

New question: are you guys the same dopus as from the Amiga?

Thanks for the answers. Yes, Opus is the same Opus as on the Amiga and Jon & Greg are the original team.

Making a Process Monitor log may be the best way to see exactly where things are failing when moving the folder.

Please download and run Microsoft's Process Monitor tool.

While Process Monitor is collecting data in the background, attempt the operation which causes the problem.

Then go back to Process Monitor and use File > Save and choose Native Process Monitor Format (PML). The output will be large, but should zip to something quite small.

Please email the zip to leo@gpsoft.com.au and I'll see what it reveals.