Directory Opus 10 hangs

I am running Opus 10.5.1.0 (x64) on my Windows 7x64 system with 6MB RAM. Opus hangs constantly when I try to open a directory and I have to kill the process manually with Windows Task Manager.

I solve the problem by reinstalling Opus and rebooting. Opus then works for a while before the 'hanging' resumes and I am back to square one. What could my problem be and how can I eliminate it so that Opus runs normally?

I might say that I have other explorer programs on my system such as Total Commander, PowerDesk 8 Pro and xplorer2 and they all work flawlessly. I am reluctant to jettison Opus (which I prefer) but will have to do so if I can't fix the problem.

See the FAQ Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories.

Upgrade to more RAM ? :laughing:

Some time back a couple of us reported similar behaviour that seemed to be related to using Cloud storage.

Gradually eliminating connections helped to diagnose this. In my case, PaperPort Anywhere was implicated.

Directory Opus Resource Centre • View topic - Delays with PaperPort Anywhere cloud connector

There have been other discussions along similar lines:

Directory Opus Resource Centre • View topic - Frequent Lockups, empty tabs (iCloud related?)

This may have nothing to do with your problem. I just offer it as a way of eliminating issues.

I still see these "hangs" from time to time. But life's too short to chase them to earth.

The Ram typo should have read 6GB, sorry. Jaydeem