Directory Opus 12.12.2 (beta) is now available for all Opus 12 users.
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
This is an Opus 12 update. If you are using Opus 11 or earlier then you should not install this beta unless you want to upgrade to Opus 12.
- The Rename dialog macro builder now supports selecting from a given point to the end of the filename, no matter how long the name is. To access this, position the cursor at the start position, then press Shift+End twice (or Shift+Home twice when right-justified).
- You can now turn off auto-play, and turn on volume mute, for some ActiveX viewers via the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web plugin. This only works if the ActiveX control understands the appropriate properties. It's known to work with the Windows Media Player ActiveX control (note: not the Preview Handler, which already disables auto-play by default).
- Added support for .opus audio files to the metadata pane.
- Added Clipboard FILE argument which allows filenames to be placed in the clipboard to be specified on the command line (e.g. Clipboard COPY FILE C:\moo.zip).
Set LISTERTITLE now accepts %S to insert the name of the currently selected Lister style (if any).
- Added VFS_TestSameDrive and VFS_TestSamePath vfs plugin functions.
- Added a simple caching system to the metadata thread so that multiple queries for the same file in a short space of time will come out of the cache rather than re-reading the file every time. Should improve performance when the file display is showing metadata columns and label filters are also querying metadata.
- Drive icons now update correctly in the tree when a drive's bitlocker status changes.
- It was previously possible (if you tried hard enough) to enable the Always enable this toolbar's keys in Listers option for the viewer toolbar, which could break many normal keys outside of the viewer.
- The Customize dialog no longer allows the currently selected Viewer toolbar to be turned on in Listers. Additionally, the Viewer page in Preferences no longer allows a currently selected Lister toolbar to be selected as the Viewer toolbar.
- The archives plugin now prefixes an underscore before any file or folder names within an archive which would clash with reserved device names under Windows (CON, AUX, etc.).
- Toolbar buttons that are disabled/hidden by a @disable-type clause can no longer be launched via their hotkey.
- If clicking the selected folder tab is configured to go to the previous tab, this no longer happens when clicking a tab to activate the window it is in or make it the source. (Unless you then click it a second time, of course.)
- Thumbnails for comic book archives (cbz, cb7, cbr) now support WebP and HEIC files within the archives.
- Increased the length of the metadata fields supported by plugins for music and video files (e.g. FLAC files).
- In Preferences and other dialogs, checkboxes and other controls are now checked and expanded slightly if their labels are too long for the control size. This fixes problems in e.g. Polish at 125% DPI scaling where a large number of controls had the ends of their labels cut off.
- Reverted the change in the previous beta that stopped Opus expanding environment variables when it builds batch files (it caused other problems and there was already a workaround for the original issue in the form of the @noexpandenv modifier).
- Updated 7z.dll to 126.96.36.199, which improves encryption strength for 7z archives.
- Fixed a bug which meant if the Lister was showing This PC, a command that specified a path on the command line (e.g. Delete C:\Moo.txt) might not work.
- Fixed (internal, undocumented) DOpusRT.exe /Prefs command crashing Opus if no Preferences page was specified.
- Fixed rare freeze which could occur when opening windows containing a combo control.
- Fixed inline rename (F2) not working on items in subfolders when in the Desktop folder using Flat View.
- Fixed crash which could occur when refreshing (F5) on a UNC path with certain folder tree configurations.
- Fixed crash if filters referred to themselves or each other in an infinite loop.
- Fixed password prompt appearing if you put e.g. a deleted, encrypted 7z archive into the clipboard from the Recycle Bin.