Directory Opus 9.1.1.8.3352 Crash

I am receiving a crash every time I right click on a drive. It does not seem to happen when right clicking any other object. Here is the error found in the event viewer:

Faulting application dopus.exe, version 4.0.1.17, time stamp 0x49b0b240, faulting module uxtheme.dll_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4791a77a, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x74297bfc, process id 0x1c74, application start time 0x01c99eb98a9d3daf.

I have not made any changes to my computer that could be the cause of the issue. I know this was not an issue before the update. I ran a system file checker to see if any system files were corrupt. This showed nothing wrong. I excluded the two processes from my anti-virus scanner. This did not resolve it.

I do not know what is happening here. The only way I resolved it, was to run in Windows XP compatability mode on my Windows Vista Ultimnate 32-bit machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you have O&O Defrag installed?

If so, here's how someone else solved it:

If not, the uxtheme.dll_unloaded string suggests the crash could be related to a patched uxtheme.dll. Maybe due to installing a patch to allow unofficial Windows themes to be installed, then updating the OS with a service pack?

(Edit: Actually the _unloaded thing threw me but it looks fairly normal... Still, if you have installed a uxtheme.dll patch it'd be worth trying to disable it to see if that helps.)

Also: Does the same problem occur if you right-click the same drive in Explorer?

[quote="leo"]Do you have O&O Defrag installed?

If so, here's how someone else solved it:

Hey, thanks alot! :smiley: Nearly everytime I think no changes have been made, there is one I forgot about. Yes, O & O had an update recently too. This fix worked.

[quote]If not, the uxtheme.dll_unloaded string suggests the crash could be related to a patched uxtheme.dll. Maybe due to installing a patch to allow unofficial Windows themes to be installed, then updating the OS with a service pack?

(Edit: Actually the _unloaded thing threw me but it looks fairly normal... Still, if you have installed a uxtheme.dll patch it'd be worth trying to disable it to see if that helps.)[/quote]

This is what concerned me. I thought maybe somehow it was modified. This why I thought about running the system file checker in Windows. But the result was it was not comprised.

No. Windows Explorer was not affected.

Alrighty!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I have my Directory Opus back in Vista mode.

Thanks so much.