I'm the developer of Folders Popup. Since its first version, Folders Popup users asked for compatibility with Directory Opus. Version 2 of Folders Popup offered basic Directory Opus compatibility. But, since v3.2, Folders Popup is fully aware of DOpus capabilities and utilizes them via the internal DOpusRt.exe commands to offer seamless and reliable integration.
Folders Popup Switch menu with Directory Opus integration
First things first...
For those new this freeware app, Folders Popup is a folder launcher (often described to Direct Folders replacement). It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1. In a few words, here is summary of FP features:
- All your favorite folders, documents and web pages at your finger tip – press the middle mouse button (or press Windows-K) over a file dialog box, a DOpus lister or the desktop to popup your personalized favorites launcher.
- If your mouse does not have a middle button, you can choose another trigger in the Options dialog box.
*Hold the Shift key while pressing the mouse middle mouse button (or press Shift-Windows-K) to popup a new DOpus lister from any window.
- The Special folders menu gives an easy access to Desktop, Document, Pictures, My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Control Panel and Recycle Bin.
- The Recent folders menu lists the recent folders memorized by Windows.
- Use the “Switch” menu to switch to any opened DOpus lister or file Explorer windows or open one of these folders in a dialog box.
- Choose the Folders Popup Settings menu or press Shift-Windows-F to edit your favorites menu.
- You can also add the folder currently displayed in a lister using the Add this Folder menu.
Directory Opus support
- Automatic (but optional) enabling of DOpus support if the software is found on your system.
- Seamlessly change a DOpus lister to a user folders, recent folders or special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- Easily add the folder currently displayed in a lister to you favorites with the Add this folder menu.
- Switch to any with Directory Opus lister or Windows Explorer with the Switch Explorer menu.
- Display DOpus icons for listers in the Switch Explorer menu.
*The Switch in dialog box menu proposes to open any folder opened in Windows Explorer or listers in DOpus in the active file dialog box.
- Adapted support for special folders in DOpus (like search result windows). But no support for FTP folders at this time (due to what seems to be a DOpus limitation).
How-to enable DOpus support
When you start it, Folders Popup checks if DOpus is installed on your computer (looking for the file
[Program Files]\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe). If it is found, it asks if you wish to enable Directory Opus integration. If you answer Yes, it records the DOpus.exe file path in the Settings, Options dialog box:
Directory Opus enabled in the Options dialog box
If DOpus is installed in another folder not found by Folders Popup, you can manually enable integration by browsing to your DOpus.exe file in the Options dialog box.
If you answered No to the start-up prompt, Folders Popup enters NO in the DOpus field in the Options dialog box. If you change your mind, you just have to browse to your DOpus.exe file to enable integration.
Directory Opus disabled in the Options dialog box
Please, feel free to send questions or comments on Folders Popup web page or in this thread.