Directory Opus shutting Down

I have rebooted my computer several times in hope of resolving this issue.

When I start Directory Opus it opens and then immediately shuts down. I cannot get it to stay active

Does it still happen if you make Opus open an empty folder?

(e.g. Create an empty folder on your desktop, then right-click it and choose Open in Directory Opus.)

(If you have Opus configured to open additional folders or folder tabs then one of those may still cause a problem, of course.)

Yes it does
I am using Windows 7 64bit (has been working a long time fine)
If I hit the windows key Directory Opus is a pinned app. If a highlight Directory opus and then select preferences it opens the Directory opus preferences but more importantly I get my desktop toolbar back. As soon as I open a folder the whole program shuts down without any warning or error messages. YOu can see it open and then a second later closes.

I think it has something to do with the toolbar because that was acting strangely when I tried moving from one screen to another and then I had trouble getting it to work correctly for a little while but then it was ok and this new behavior started happening.

If you think it's related to the toolbar, I would try backing up your configuration, then doing a clean install and seeing if the problem still happens with a default configuration.

To do that, open the Preferences dialog and use File -> Backup & Restore from its menus. Save the config backup somewhere save.

Then uninstall Opus via the usual Control Panel (it's under GP Software in the list), reboot, and install Opus again.

You can then see if the problem is still there with the default config, and then re-import your config via the same menu that was used to back it up.

If the problem turns out not to be related to your config, then the Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories guide has things to try next in order to narrow down the cause.

Ok thanks for help - after many attempts I got it working
Here is what I did in case anyone else runs into same issue

• Backed up settings and uninstalled program

• Rebooted computer

• Re-installed Directory opus

• Directory Opus worked but I lost all my toolbars :frowning:

• Reinstalled configuration files

• Directory Opus now did not work again - lister kept shutting immediately when opened

• Uninstalled Directory opus again

• Did not reboot

• re-installed Directory opus

• Again worked

• Reinstalled configuration files again but this time did not check any of the checkboxes Like Restore Images, Restore Sounds etc..

• Toolbars back and Directory opus working properly - Lost some configuration files but most of the basic things are ok like FTP sites, Lister colors etc...

Would it be possible to email (leo@gpsoft.com.au) me the configuration backup so we can work out which part was causing the crash? I should also be able to send back a config that lets you restore everything except the problematic element.

(It's best not to attach the backup to the forum, just in case it contains something sensitive.)