Directory Opus Silent setup Including Backup configurations

Hi All.

I am new to this great Forum through this Forum I got my directory opus silent setup working. And I like to know if it's possible to get my backup
configurations silent installed.

Kind Regards.

iam

The configuration is stored in files so you can simply copy the files over to automate it.

See How to back-up or locate your Opus configuration.

[quote="leo"]The configuration is stored in files so you can simply copy the files over to automate it.

See How to back-up or locate your Opus configuration.[/quote]

Thanks Leo.
copying them into what part of the installation folder.

kind regards.

Is this a question? Are you asking which folder to copy the confgi files to? I think all the information is in the post Leo linked to...

Is this a question? Are you asking which folder to copy the confgi files to? I think all the information is in the post Leo linked to...[/quote]

Yes to which folder should I copy the config files to I still can not work it out. in my installation folder theren't any think like:
/dopusdata
/dopusglobaldata

best regards.

/dopusdata etc. are folder aliases. The actual folder will vary depending on your user profile path, version of Windows, etc.

If you type /dopusdata (etc.) into the Opus location field it will take you to the actual folder for your account/machine.

[quote="leo"]/dopusdata etc. are folder aliases. The actual folder will vary depending on your user profile path, version of Windows, etc.

If you type /dopusdata (etc.) into the Opus location field it will take you to the actual folder for your account/machine.[/quote]

Thanks Leo.

using windowsxp with sp3 standalone machine no password, account, normal setting nothing especial. directory opus 9.1.1.8 installed in.
still can't find the /dopusdata

thanks again.

First make sure you have the location bar or pathbar displayed. This is labelled "Location" and displays the path to the currently displayed folder.

If it's not visible, click "Settings" and move the pointer to "Toolbars" in the resulting dropdown. If "Pathbar" is not checked in the resulting list of toolbars, click it.

Now the Location field should definitely be displayed. Type /dopusdata into it and press Enter. This should cause the display of the actual folder on your machine that is represented by /dopusdata.

[quote="rcoleman1943"]First make sure you have the location bar or pathbar displayed. This is labelled "Location" and displays the path to the currently displayed folder.

If it's not visible, click "Settings" and move the pointer to "Toolbars" in the resulting dropdown. If "Pathbar" is not checked in the resulting list of toolbars, click it.

Now the Location field should definitely be displayed. Type /dopusdata into it and press Enter. This should cause the display of the actual folder on your machine that is represented by /dopusdata.[/quote]

Thanks to all .

Yes I found all my bits & pieces ( all my setting) it was like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opus.(here all the setting folders)
Now I like to get all them folders copied over to the right place during the silent setup.
Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks again.

iam

I don't understand what you mean by "silent".

If you just want to back up your configurations, why not use the built in "Import and Export" command? That's all I do and I've never lost a configuration.

[quote="JohnZeman"]I don't understand what you mean by "silent".

If you just want to back up your configurations, why not use the built in "Import and Export" command? That's all I do and I've never lost a configuration.[/quote]

I got my dopus to setup it self automically ( unattended) and I just want my backedup configuration to install as well.

I'm confused about what you need help with. The configuration is just files and you know where the files have to go.

I presume you are running the Opus installer using a batch file or script, so that it runs unattended. So, in the batch/script, after you the installer is run, just copy the files over.

BTW: Looks like your account has "Disable BBCode in this post" turned on by default, but you're using BBCode in all your posts. :slight_smile: I've been editing them to enable BBCode so they look right but it'd be worth changing your default so the posts work first-time. You can do that via the Profile link at the top of the page.

[quote="leo"]I'm confused about what you need help with. The configuration is just files and you know where the files have to go.

I presume you are running the Opus installer using a batch file or script, so that it runs unattended. So, in the batch/script, after you the installer is run, just copy the files over.

BTW: Looks like your account has "Disable BBCode in this post" turned on by default, but you're using BBCode in all your posts. :slight_smile: I've been editing them to enable BBCode so they look right but it'd be worth changing your default so the posts work first-time. You can do that via the Profile link at the top of the page.[/quote]

I got it thanks Leo.

all the best