Directory Opus Viewer and Web Page Boomarks

By default when we clik on a .url extension file (Bookmarks file) the Viewer show the source of the .url file. (URL,favicon ect...)

How view the Web page (URL inside the Bookmarks)

Tanks!

Sorry for my English my native language is french (Québec Canada)

You might be able to use the MultiView plugin on .URL files, although I'm not sure.

URL file support is on my list of things to add to the ActiveX Document plugin but I've got a lot of other stuff to get through on other plugins first.

I just created a shortcut to Google (which creates a .url file), and viewed it in the Viewer Pane (not the Standalone Viewer Window).

This output was provided by the Text Viewer Plug-in.

[InternetShortcut] URL=http://google.com/ Modified=20C2F42E6CF2C60129

I'm not sure if this what you were after or not. To use this, just make sure the Text Viewer Plugin is enabled in Preferences - Plugins - Viewers.

I think sbb wants to see the Google webpage rather than the contents of the .URL file.

Okay maybe I'm being dense here (5:35 AM local time), but isn't this what a browser is for, and not a file manager?

I have both the MultiView and Text plugins enabled. All of my .url files always end up shown in the Text Viewer Plugin. I don't believe the MultiView can handle them. I've tried switching plugins to no avail and I've tried disabling the Text plugin as well (.url files don't get displayed then). The MultiView plugin can handle an html or .htm file, but displays them more like a MS Word document.

Anyway, a .url file is just a text file containing an address to a local file or an Internet web page. Something still has to go and retrieve that actual local or Internet file that the .url points to before it can be rendered.

Ok, My question is:

How View the Web page and not the internet shortcut source in the
integrated DOpus Viewer when we click on a .url extension file.

The idea back this, is transform Directory Opus in a powerfull
Bookmarks Manager...

Tanks

[quote="sbb"]
How View the Web page and not the internet shortcut source in the
integrated DOpus Viewer when we click on a .url extension file.[/quote]

Surely I wouldn't like browser problems to become my filemanager problems. So let's leave this as it is now.

[quote="sbb"]
The idea back this, is transform Directory Opus in a powerfull
Bookmarks Manager...[/quote]

But DO is filemanager, not bookmark manager.
There is no use to put all conceivable functionality into DO; we could end at DO ironing shirts.... also badly.

X.

Adding .URL support to the ActiveX plugin should be pretty easy in fact so it is something that will happen when I find the time.