DirectoryOpus and UserTools from another program (iMatch)

Hello,
I am using iMatch for my sorting of photos. In iMatch I can call up programs within iMatch (UserTools), e.g. I select one photo, go to UserTools and call Directory Opus. The DO will open and I see the picture file within a new lister.
Now I select another picture, call up again DO and again a NEW lister will be open etc. But I dond not want another lister to be opened every time I select a new picture and calling up DO. DO should only use "one instance" - I mean one lister.
Can someone give me a hint on how to change my settings in Do?

Thanks in advance
dp_fan

How exactly are you calling Opus at the moment? Does iMatch run a command line that you can specify, allowing you to add the filepath wherever you want or does it work some other way?

Leo IMatch simply uses a standard Windows shortcut to send images to external programs like the Opus Viewer.

dp_fan here's a summary of how I have Opus configured to do what you want (I apologize for the mass copy and paste below but I'm heading out the door to work now):

To use the default viewer for viewing images, goto SETTINGS/PREFERENCES then in the DOUBLE-CLICK/FILES section untick the USE INTERNAL PICTURE VIEWER option.

To open two images at once in stand alone Opus viewers, in prefs for the viewer uncheck recycle viewer window.

To use the internal Opus viewer for all JPGs period go to SETTINGS/FILE TYPES then the specific system file type JPG and set the OPEN to be the DIRECTORY OPUS VIEWER

You can send the current image being viewed to the Photoshop or another program by dragging and dropping the viewer icon (upper left hand corner) to the Photoshop.

IF someone complains the back and next buttons in the viewer are dimmed out and if all the appropriate options are set in the prefs/viewer/standalone viewer section (especially GENERATE NEXT/PREVIOUS LIST AUTOMATICALLY ON DOUBLE-CLICK), then also check to make sure the

PREFS/FILE OPERATIONS/DOUBLE CLICK ON FILES

section has the "USE INTERNAL PICTURE VIEWER FOR ALL RECOGNIZED PICTURES" option enabled.

thank you both for getting back to me!
I tried out what John wrote - but thats not what I need, or I have made a mistake!
Hm, my english is not perfect, but it´s not what I actually had in mind.
It is not about wanting to look at picture or opening more then one picture in particular. But more like that I dond want DO opened a second and a third time (or should I say a new window) when I am calling DO out of iMatch. Mayby I want something that is not possible? Its like: if DO is already opened, just go to the file and show it in an existing listener..

I have attached 2 screenshots - if I want to call DO a second time, only the new file should be seen in a listener , not another DO window.
Could it have something to do that I have DO not installed the way: replace windows explorer with DO?

[/img]

Ah. I did misunderstand what you wanted to do dp_fan.

Because of the way IMatch hands off the selected image names and image paths to external programs the only way I know how to do this is through a batch file interface. It's a bit clunky as you have to deal with the DOS box popping up for a short time, and it only opens the folder of the first image selected in IMatch, but the following single line of code in a batch file works for me:

@"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go %1 NEWTAB

Just change your IMatch User Tool to point to that batch file instead of Opus and give it a try.

If you really wanted to get particular the batch file could probably be modified (to some extent) to open the path of each image selected in IMatch in a new tab in Opus.

John,
thanks for the explanation, but I am totally lost here. I have no idea what to do and how to do it. Would you be able to talk me into this or can you make a screen shot?

John,
never mind. A colege showed me how to do this batch file stuff thing.

Its working!

THANKS A LOT!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out dp_fan. Now if you replace this single line in your current batch file

@"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go %1 NEWTAB 

With this:

@echo off :loop echo Sending %1 to a new Opus tab "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go %1 NEWTAB shift if "%~1" NEQ "" goto:loop

you should then be able to send each image selected in IMatch to a new tab in Opus.

Just be careful to not try to send too many images (I'd limit it to about 10 or less) to Opus or you'll either end up with an enormous amount of open tabs or a system error.

John,

thanks a lot!

Mayby its something for the iMatch wiki page too (or at least a comment), but I have no idea, how do do such a thing, nore if there is any one else outhere in the iMatch forum who uses DO.

Hmm. That's not a bad idea dp_fan.

I could write a relatively simple VBScript for IMatch that would bypass the need to use a batch file for this. As you said I don't know if there are any other IMatch/Opus users besides you and I but I can see where this would be handy for folks like us to have at times.

I'll see if I can't come up with something over the weekend, if I do I'll add it to the IMatch wiki scripts library.