Disable copy function

yes, i know all that. but free programms like tera or fastcopy have this. so why not d'opus?

i know what d'opus can do and what not. so i'm just pointing out to a "wishlist". it#s name is directory opus, so as explorer replacement my main target is working with files. and i'm just pointing out, what I'M missing.
i don't see a reason, why you "defend" the very basic copy functions, what are quite poor and from yesterday in my opinion.

I'm not defending anything, simply explaining how it works.
If you have specialized needs for file copying you are free to use another tool.

wow, cool answer for a request.
so i get back the money i paid for dopus?

and yes, i'm already taking a FREE product

I like the simplicity of current behavior.
It's easy now to manage order of jobs. If the "job list" contained particular files and folders instead of jobs, managing them might be much more complicated.
If you really need more functionality, you can use dedicated applications. You are not the only person using DOpus and there are hundreds of features users are willing to see in next versions.

daroc, we all understand this, we (mahakala and I) are just simply pointing out at things we would like to see incorporated into the application. I have completely replaced my FTP client with DOpus because I like that kind of integration. On the other hand, there are hundreds of feautures DOpus has that I will never use and just because of that I won't say that those are useless.
If what we ask can be done, then perfect, it can be implemented as an advanced copy dialog, if not, then it is OK. Maybe it is not a priority rigth now and we can understand that.
I don't know if mahakala agrees with me.

Dopus just warn me that the new version (11) is arrived.
Does this version improve the copy screen by displaying the whole size of what is under copy ?

I really love Dopus, but this simple functionality really miss me, and it's very simple to add, at least on the customization option for those who prefer minimalist screen. So for me, if version 11 has not this feature, I will stay on version 10.
Thanks for your anwser,

The info displayed in progress dialogs is unchanged.

Me too! I confirm that improving the copy screen (like supercopier or teracopy) would be the only reason I would upgrade.

If all you do in Opus is stare at the copy progress dialogs then Opus 11 will certainly be rather disappointing (aside from the Jobs Bar, but that exists to keep progress dialogs out of the way so you see them even less frequently).

Hello,

And first thing, thank you for GPSoftware for so many years (20 or more?) of Platypus based file manager :slight_smile: (some will understand), well DirOpus.

I would agree that to have a whole file size check before starting the copy would be something great to have to the Copy Job management. It happens too often, especially when the user doesn't check first that during a copy: "Cannot continue, not enough room in destination"... And then the user: "argh... what was copied or not, I was not careful" (well, of course, here the user is I).

On the other hand, it's true that if the user keeps adding copy job to the job list, that could make the thing more complicated.

Thank you.

I'm sad :frowning:
Is it so difficult to add an option to display the full size of what is presently under copy ? I mean, you can configure basically everything in dopus.
Why don't you want to add this little thing ?

And by the way, I'm fully satisfy with dopus. It's really a great tool. But this information miss me a lot...