Display files by absolute date, not relative date

How does one direct DOpus 9 to display file details with the "modified" date by absolute date, rather than relative date for recent files?

Microsoft Explorer works correctly, consistently showing absolute date.

Thanks.

Use the Filter field in Preferences to look for date and you'll find it.

"Use the Filter field in Preferences to look for date and you'll find it. "

The above makes no sense. There is a "Filters" section under "File Operations," but what it does and how it works is left a mystery by the scant help file.

DOpus certainly excels in being difficult to configure.

[quote="pathawk"]"Use the Filter field in Preferences to look for date and you'll find it. "

The above makes no sense. There is a "Filters" section under "File Operations," but what it does and how it works is left a mystery by the scant help file.

DOpus certainly excels in being difficult to configure.[/quote]

Really, thanks for trying to help. But you're not helping so far.

Please read what I am trying to do, which is view the "Modified" field by absolute date, not ever seeing relative dates (such as "Yesterday" or "Today".)

What you suggested doesn't tell me anything useful. As far as I can tell, you haven't understood what I asked.

Thanks.

If you do what Jon said and type date into the Filter field that God is pointing to in my previous screenshot then the Preferences dialog will only show you the pages that have options containing the word date.

It will also draw very obvious red boxes around anything that contains the word date.

The second highlighted thing is the one you are looking for. The one the dog is sniffing in my screenshot below.

Thanks.

Allow me to help you help others, by way of example. What your answer should have been -

Select the "Settings/Preferences..." menu item. The Preferences dialog appears. Click "Folders," then "Options" under "Folders." About two-thirds of the way down the options list is an item titled: "Show day names in date columns if date is within one week." To always view absolute date, uncheck that option.

Or type date into the filter and it's the 2nd match, and the only match for "date" rather than "update." Now that you know how the filter works it should help find other stuff.

It seemed clear that you had found Preferences already:

Wow Leo, you're getting some pretty powerful assistants there to help you show the answers. :wink:

I got bored of red arrows and figured it was time to spice things up. :slight_smile:

Apparently God and the Dog will be in the next beta... :stuck_out_tongue:

lol @ Leo for getting creative :laughing: