Display Folder Tabs at the top - sometimes gets disabled

It's a minor thing, but before I submit a bug report could someone verify this happens to them as well? I only see what I see if I follow the exact steps below...

Preferences->Listers->Folder Tabs

• make sure Display Folder Tabs at the top option is CHECKED.

Preferences->Listers->File Display

• make sure Reset focus entry when sorting file list option is UNCHECKED.

OK/close out of Preferences.

Reopen Preferences, CHECK Reset focus entry when sorting file list option and APPLY it. Does the Folder Tab bar now move to the bottom of the lister even though Display Folder Tabs at the top option is still checked on the Folder Tabs tab? If you OK/close out of Preferences and reopen it, is the option then UNCHECKED?

A small issue, and only a 'problem' for me when I change some of the Listers page options to test things out for people on the forums. I used the Reset focus option as an example, but it actually seems like almost any option on the Listers prefs page affects the folder tab bar this way. You just need to make sure that before you initially open Prefs that the Folder Tab is already displayed at the top, and whatever 'other' option like Reset focus entry is 'UNCHECKED' so that you're just opening Prefs, enabling an option and boom - folder bar bumped to the bottom. Anyone?

Happens for me too. It's late here so won't experiment further.

Ok, thanks for the confirm bro... Go sleepy!

I get quite frequently. In addition, the tab setting will change from "always" to "only when needed". I wasn't testing it too methodically, but I think I found that it happened whenever I made a pref change to the lister tab.

Hmmm...[quote]In addition, the tab setting will change from "always" to "only when needed"[/quote]
Confirmed - I hadn't noticed it since the saved layout I normally use opens about 7 tabs automatically. Good catch... I'll include the info in a bug report to GPSoft. Thanks guys...