Display of Modified date of selected items on Status Bar

Hi.

I can't make the Status Bar to display a selected file or folder's Modified or Created date. What is the proper code for it, please, if there is any?

Thanks.

Off the top of my head I do not know of a way to do this as the status bar seems to be mostly intended to give summaries of what you are doing. In other words if you have two files selected and each file has a different last modified date, which date should show in the status bar?

Instead I'd use Info Tips which will pop up specific information about the selected file when you hover the mouse pointer over it second or two. Info Tips can be configured under SETTINGS/FILE TYPES then select the type of file you want to configure, EDIT and the TOOL TIP tab.

There isn't a way to display this information in the status bar at the moment. Suggested alternatives are using Tooltips (appear when you hover over a file) or Details/Power modes (of course).

(Edit: Just noticed John posted at the same time as me. I didn't intend to repeat his advice. :slight_smile:)

If the alternatives aren't what you want then your best bet is to raise a feature request via the support form on GPSoftware's official page.

(I've moved this post to the Feature Requests forum for housekeeping.)

Thanks, guys. The info tip was what I was using, though I didn't know I can customize that, too!

Thanks again.

Well, I'm second to add such feature - when more than one file is selected just nothing shows up in the status bar. But with a single file / folder it would be nice to have dates (instead of switching to details view).

Similar solution is implemented in Xplorer2 and works perfectly. I still prefer DO over X2 but you should copy some of their ideas :wink:

[quote="mikolajek"]Well, I'm second to add such feature - when more than one file is selected just nothing shows up in the status bar. But with a single file / folder it would be nice to have dates (instead of switching to details view).

Similar solution is implemented in Xplorer2 and works perfectly. I still prefer DO over X2 but you should copy some of their ideas :wink:[/quote]

I think so

Out of curiosity, have either of you followed Leo's suggestion of raising this as a Program Suggestion via the support form on GPSoftware's official page...?

This thread is quite old, but I thought I'd nevertheless tack on a "+1 me too" because it's the same feature I would like. Tooltips or Details mode (or alt-enter) work in a pinch, but I'd prefer a status bar code, if possible.

I don't find a way to make a suggestion on the support page; perhaps it doesn't exist anymore.