dMC Tags (32-bit only) Esoteric audio tags

If there are FLACs that Opus's own tagging support doesn't handle properly, please tell us where we can find some to look at.

Sure thing. I know it's not exactly what you've asked, but I've selected some good and bad FLAC's from different albums in my collection. (Of course, I tried to get a lot of different styles if anything fits your fancy :b)

Bad FLAC's
Good FLAC's
[Thanks! Links removed after I got the files. --Leo]

Note: No single tracks in an album are missing tags in DOpus. Either the entire album is missing every tag, or it is not.

Please remove the links when you are done, or state in your next reply when you are done so that I can remove the links if permissions prevent you from doing so in this subforum.

Thanks! I've made the AudioTags FLAC tag reader cope with those files, and that change will be in the next update.

Whatever tagged them did something very stupid, which was to shove ID3 tags on the front of FLAC data, before even the "fLaC" signature bytes. That's against the FLAC specification, but some software will skip the ID3 tag and let things get away with it. I've updated our code to do that, even though the files are technically incorrect.

Wow... I wonder what program was used to do that.. I better do some research then. I know ID3 is bad for FLAC, myself, but I know not how to check for the ID3 headers.