DO 9.0.0.6 Crash on Deleting Junction

As a test, I added a drop menu pick for "COPY MAKELINK=auto" and created a couple of junctions and hardlinks. This worked great; however, when I deleted a junction from within DO, the app crashed with the error shown in the attached dialog image file. The second time I tried this, DO crashed without any error message at all. Hardlinks delete just fine. No problem

Oh yeah... I'm running XP SP2.

Maynard

Giving this a bump... still having the junction delete problem. I have to open a DOS shell and do a "linkd /D" to delete the junction... I could wrap this in an MS-DOS batch command, but I'd still like to know if a junction delete operation is supposed to work.

Thanks
Maynard

Maynard, junctions delete fine on my system (using Opus 9.0.0.7 here, although from what you write I asssume you updated your version, too). I can delete them to the Recycle Bin or directly with no problems.

Even tried deleting the original folder while the junction was open in another Opus lister, and it works just as it should. Might be something with your Windows setup. BTW, I am still using XP SP2.

[quote="maynard"]Giving this a bump... still having the junction delete problem. I have to open a DOS shell and do a "linkd /D" to delete the junction... I could wrap this in an MS-DOS batch command, but I'd still like to know if a junction delete operation is supposed to work.

Thanks
Maynard[/quote]

OK, thanks alan. I've been having problems with my system for awhile so it's probably an OS rather than a DO thing.

maynard

After the "COPY MAKELINK=auto", what's in the Type column for the created junction? I'll check on my XP machine that I can delete the same type of junction without an error.

If it isn't an Opus issue it could be an anti-virus issue. AV programs will probably be involved when junctions get deleted and with junctions being uncommon there could be a bug lurking there. Just a theory, though.