DO suddenly slow on 1st run after installing PDF-XChange

That version (9.1, Build 356.0) was released in July. I'm not convinced it fixed anything. See my post of Jul 25 above.

Here there is no delay e.g. in Explorer, but still on desktop icons.

BTW I thought, they would inform me, thats why I looked at an update not earlier!

Now gone back to Acrobat... on every morning PDF-XChange delays Outlook, context menu... simply everything, where its parts has to be loaded first time. On ALL 12 devices! Also scanning fails on some machines and support can't or isn't able to fix.

With Acrobat there're no problems.

Same for me, seems to be no interest in fixing the problem.

The Tracker/PDF-XChange developers were asking for help with tracking this down and fixing it, and I think they really do want to fix the problem.

It's best to talk to them via their own support systems rather than talk about it on ours, especially if it's affecting several other programs as well. They are more likely to see things there than here.

Of course I was parallel in contact with them! They now work with high prio on it. When fixed, I will report.

Its still a much cheaper and excellent alternative to the big player.

2 Likes

Today I installed PDF-XChange Editor Version 9.2 Build 358.0.

I then added {D8716A0E-4E9F-4D3F-BF1B-3460D86BB310} to Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced [Troubleshooting]: allow_context_menus.

I seem to no longer have the original problem of the first folder opened after system boot opening slowly.

I'm not sure I understand all this well enough to state definitively that that means Tracker Software has fixed the original problem, but it seems that may be the case.