DO + WindowBlinds

I'm using DO 8.2.0.2 with WB version 5 beta.

DO is not skinning, even though I have that option enabled.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Jerry

Had you previously tried it with the 4.x release version of WindowBlinds? Curious if it's due to a change in this new 'beta' of WB...

Talk to the WindowBlinds people, why talk to us? Especially considering it's a beta version.

Just for the record...

WindowBlinds 5 is now out of beta, and is playing quite nicely with DOpus 8.2.0.2. In fact, I use the DO default setting, which detects my WB5 installation automatically, and it works perfectly.

I was prepared, after seeing the earlier post about the WB5 beta playing up, to revert to WB4, if necessary, because no way would I give up DOpus. :smiley:

So does anyone mind throwing some screenshots of WB/DO skinning? To what extent does it alter the appearance of DO - I'm guessing it doesn't affect the toolbar icons right?

Hello Steje...

WB skins the title bar, but not the toolbars, except for background colours. My buttons are a mixture of DOpus stock standard, plus some I downloaded from the resource centre.

The WB theme I use is a 5-star creation called metalX2, and has been re-coloured to suit my preferences. DOpus has automatically turned off its title bar mods, to leave the field clear for WB, which is responsible for the three buttons on the LHS of the title bar. They are theme dependent.

There are over 3600 WB skins on the WinCustomize site, and with the option of self-applied colouring, the options are effectively endless.

EDIT: I've just found out, that if you click the image, you will get to see it full size. Great!

Thanks Bernard... good to know, and I just realized Tanis posted one of your older DO + WB screenshots on the screenshots forum :slight_smile:.

[quote="steje"]Thanks Bernard... good to know, and I just realized Tanis posted one of your older DO + WB screenshots on the screenshots forum :slight_smile:.[/quote]That's right, Steje.

...and as a result of this current exercise, I have realised just how 'electric' that background had become, and I've taken steps to tone it down a lot!

Phew! :smiley:

I did find a few small things that don't seem to be skinning within DOpus ... not a huge deal (meaning I'll live with it if need be lol) but I mentioned it in the feature request area as I figured it would be there, not here in Help & Support ...