Do you feel it too? Its coming

The biggest, decade long update to windows 10 is just around the corner.
Windows 10X is dead and some of its pretty futures is making its way to us. All good news :slight_smile:

I cant wait. They have been slowly fixing Virtual desktops.
Two updates ago, you can rearrange their order and one update ago, you can even rename a Virtual desktop.

I feel they will finally let us separate monitors to their own unique desktops. God be kind.

What are you excited for?

1 Like

OH, I thought you were going to mention Opus 13. I have a feeling an update to Opus is about due.

1 Like

First are foremost a better file system with vastly improved metadata handling / ability would be nice. Built in file validation and drive pooling that works would also be good in addition to the elimination of file fragmentation.. Support of BT LDAC, improvements to thumb-nailing including support for thumbnails larger than 256 x 256. Improved windows search and indexing.

1 Like

@Drac144
I've read here and there that its a long way of.

@evernessince
I do belive one or two of these are confirmed, search improvements for sure.

Cannot wait.

1 Like

I can wait, the current version works very well for my needs. It is just that I really love watching those videos Leo makes to show off the features of a new version.

2 Likes

Yh those videos are really good. Its what sold me on Opus in the first place.

Changelogs just arent as fun to read.

2 Likes

What are you excited for?

Nothing. I have used MS software since the DOS days and have given up any hope that it will ever become a really cool system. I just hope Win 11 is not going to be another Vista or 8/8.1. What can you expect from a single-pane-file-manager-company?

3 Likes

Win 10 is a cool sys! It runs stable for me and my customers and I have less problems than ever before. Only thing is mixed settings <> control panel and design mixture.

But to be honest I am actually waiting for OS 3.2 for my Amiga 3000. :grinning:

I cannot wait for it!. Not that I will be making the switch before a year of release but I sure as hell will be trying it out in a vm. Proper Dark mode support is a must come on Microsoft