DO10 copy dialog font size

Hi, is there any way to increase the font size for the copy / move dialog info like speed, size and time. The current font seems incredibly small and difficult to read (6 or 7 point) and there doesn't seem to be an option for it in font prefs. Thanks.

Not at the moment, sorry.

Thanks, may have to hold off on the upgrade and go back to 9 for a while so I can actually see the text...
Just a quick question, why on earth is the information text smaller than the other text in the window? There's plenty of room for a 9 point font. Or is it an oversight / bug.

I didn't design it but my guess is it's to make the window appear less complex/cluttered and because that information didn't seem as important as the main info that's in a normal font.

In the past the information in the smaller font was not shown at all by default; you had to turn on the 'big' progress dialog via Preferences. A lot of people never discovered that, but we also didn't want to make it the default as it could be overwhelming. Now there's only one type of progress dialog that always shows all the info, and the design of it is a compromise between fitting more info in and not being overwhelming.

Making the font size configurable seems reasonable to me. Send in a feature request and see what happens.

Thanks Leo, posted a feature request so we'll see what transpires.
I would agree the new copy dialog window looks cleaner with less info in it, it's just a shame the text what's left is now harder to read.

Why not just get rid of the smaller popup dialog all-together and add a "Copy Panel" on the Utility Panel...?

LOL

</end_snarky_shot_at_the_find_panel>

[quote="Roycom"]Thanks Leo, posted a feature request so we'll see what transpires.
I would agree the new copy dialog window looks cleaner with less info in it, it's just a shame the text what's left is now harder to read.[/quote]

+1 for the font size choice feature request. Defaulting to normal size text would be even better. It's a must usability feature.

A cleaner dialog was a nice goal, but it is outweighed by the mental stress of trying to read that tiny text. Fonts that small are very difficult to read, especially for those of us advancing to multi-focal lenses. Given the inevitability of vision changes, it will likely be almost all of your users experiencing that pain at some point. Bigger is better.

None of the information is crucial or even that important - why not just ignore it?

Well, if you want to cancel a job I must agree... I have to look twice.

This might be useful:

microsoft.com/athome/setup/magnify.aspx
windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/Wind ... -Magnifier

The sandbox is 200 meters on the left, magnified just 100 meters.

Well, I finally upgraded to Opus 10 last week as a birthday gift, and I'm rather disappointed to see the text size is still the same. I posted the feature request to change the text size or make it configurable 7 months ago and it was something they said would be looked into. I guess it needs other people like RoyIvyIII who would like to see the text changed to a proper size to submit a request and bump it up the todo list a bit.

Are you kidding?? Surely when you're filling up a large pen stick / USB HDD or doing large copy operations, information like speed, time and files to go are VERY important. If it should just be ignored, why is it there in the first place? AFAIK, it's the only piece of text that small in the whole of DOpus. An option to have it 'small' or 'normal', or just making it the same size as all the other dialog window texts would be fine for most people and I'm guessing would be very easy to do.