DO11 still not as fast transferring over network as Windows

Hi,

I thought the issue may have been solved from upgrading from DO10 to DO11. Unfortunately I am receiving the same performance as DO10.

I am transferring from a USB 3 hard drive to a network location. Windows explorer manages around 100-110mb/s. DO11 a very poor 40mb/s.

I've changed copy buffer size to 2000kb instead of 64kbit. Made no difference. I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on the issue? I really want to use DO for file transfer.

I've purchased DO10, but evaluating DO11. I love the program otherwise, I wish to continue to support its development.

Thanks in advance

Please see this recent thread for some suggestions on settings and diagnostics to try (and not that we won't spend time looking at file copy threads unless the are all tried, as we've wasted a lot of time in the past just to find that it wasn't really Opus slowing things down each time):

Okay, I've tried all the suggestions. I've got it better, at around 70mb/s but still not good enough. Windows copies at 101mb/s every time. Is there no known solution to this problem? I did a search, and was kind of shocked by the amount of people that have this very problem. As this is my main use for directory opus, I really hope someone can shed some light so I'm able to continue my support for the programs development,

Thanks in advance

If you are running Windows 7, you might want to look at the LSO setting as described here:
howtosolutions.net/2013/06/f ... g-windows/
Wouldn't explain difference between Exp and DO, but might be worth a look.

[quote="lou"]If you are running Windows 7, you might want to look at the LSO setting as described here:
howtosolutions.net/2013/06/f ... g-windows/
Wouldn't explain difference between Exp and DO, but might be worth a look.[/quote]

WOW ...

Thanks a lot.

It looks like it helped me about the reason that working remote on my home PC connected to my company PC was very slow since switched from XP to W7.

I've disabled both LSO settings and the login itself was very fast. Also jumping around in the text editor is faster. Can't believe it. never heared about that. WIll send the info to some co-workers!

:thumbsup: