DO12 - Alias delay

I have several aliases created for various locations on our network. When one or more of these locations are unavailable DOpus delays opening for about 15sec, quite annoying. This does not occur with DO11. Is there a setting I am missing?

Do you have Folder Aliases enabled under Prefs / Folder Tree / Contents?

If so - maybe start with making sure that Network drives is set to Prevent loading under the Prefs / Folders / Auto-Loading page...

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if something about aliases in particular might not get captured by that setting - but then, who knows if what you're seeing is even related to this though :slight_smile:.

Thanks steje, but the problem persists. I do not have any mapped drives to try and avoid this problem, just access them thru aliases. Has worked particularly well with DO11 so this behavior has been introduced with DO12.

Problem persists in release version od DOpus 12.
Could you add another option for Aliases in the Prevent Loading under the Prefs / Folders / Auto-Loading page.
Using aliases Opus takes way too long to open when a network location pointed to by an alias is unavailable.
This should make V12 act as responsively as V11. Thanks.

This sounds it might be the same issue as discussed here: DO12 - Very slow to launch new lister after last one closed

As a test, can you try turning off the Preferences / Folder Tree / Appearance / Use configured file display colors for tree items option and see if it makes a difference?