DO12 - Size column not calculating in beta 12 & 13

This does not happen in 12b11 only 12b12 and 12b13 have tested this.
This only appears to happen on External HardDive or my NAS an not all folders.
On my External HD went into folder TV Series 2016 and all the folders were showing 0 bytes.
Have a button Refresh that does Go REFRESH
On clicking, size show 0 bytes then changes to correct size, clicking again size shows correct then goes to 0 bytes
If I turn off calculate size the folders that always show the correct size on a refresh show blank the folders that change betweeen correct and 0 bytes still show 0 bytes after a refresh
In 12b11 if I turn off calculate size the folders that always show the correct size (12b13) on a refresh show blank the folders that change between correct and 0 bytes (12b13) show blank after a refresh.

Thanks for spotting & reporting this.

What are the Preferences / Folders / Folder Behaviour / Calculate folder sizes automatically for... settings set to in your config?

And under Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats, have any of the formats been set to override the Get folder sizes option on the Options tab? (Local Drives, Network Drives, Removable Drives are probably the only ones that need checking, unless there are other formats saved for the particular paths.)

Are any other file display columns in use which would cause size calculations, by also causing the sub-folders to be read? (e.g. Total File Count)

Leo

Preferences / Folders / Folder Behaviour / Calculate folder sizes automatically for All local and network drives
Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats Local Drives, Network Drives, Removable Drives non are ticked
Have just removed Columns / General / File Count, and the size column calculates correct now
Have just added Columns / General / File Count to one of the folders that was working correctly and the size column is now showing 0 bytes
Could not understand why some folders worked OK now it's obvious the ones with File Count were the folders not showing size correct

Just to confirm the post from onedot3...I'm having the same issue and I also have the FileCount column enabled (and SubFolder Count). Removing FileCount then causes the size to be calculated.

Thanks to you both. We should have this fixed in the next few days.

Leo

Can confirm fixed :thumbsup: